You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Adding footprint for a Bourns_3005 to Schematic
1653 3
Jleith 8 years ago
I need a TRIMMER_BOURNS_3005 schematic layout. it is a screw POT ( 1 Meg ) I see I can add it to a PCB but how do I get it into my Schematic so I can get the foot print on the PCB. I used a trim pot in my Schematic but it is not the same Foot Print. Do I have to delete the image I have on the PCB and replace it with the foot print for the POT I need. John
Comments
Jleith 8 years ago
Revised -- the Trim Pot is a HELITRIM Model 89
andyfierman 8 years ago
Hi John, Let's start at the beginning. 1) Find the pot PCB footprint that you want then click on the little 'Favorite' heart icon. This will put the part in your **Favorite** list in the left hand Navigation panel; 2) Place a pot schematic symbol (any one you choose) into your schematic; 3) Select the symbol; 4) Left-click in **Custom Attributes > package** box in the right hand Properties panel. 5) Enter the name of the PCB footprint in the **Filter** box at the top of the **Update the symbol's package** box that opens, and/or scroll down and look for the package name under the **favorite Package** section; 6) Left-click on it and then click on **Update** (or just double left-click on the package name); The package name is now copied into the **Custom Attributes > package** box for the symbol. You can now close the **Update the symbol's package** 7) Save. Job done. Except that there does not appear to be a package for the HELITRIM Model 89 in the library. So, you can see if you can find a part that has the same package and then open it in the editor (click **Edit**) and change the name etc. in the Properties panel and then save it under a new name. That will save into your **My Parts** in the Navigation panel and will also appear in the publically searchable library (so please document it clearly and include things like a link to a datasheet and possibly a supplier). Or draw a new part from scratch (New > PCB Lib). That too will save to your **My Parts**.
andyfierman 8 years ago
Sorry, I forgot: If you change the footprint name for a symbol in a schematic and you already have a footprint in a PCB layout then you have to delete it from the PCB layout *before* you do **Import Changes...** to update the PCB layout from the updated schematic. That will import the new footprint and ratline it off the edge of the board for you to place. If you are simply adding a new part the just do **Import Changes...** and the new part will appear ratlined off the edge of the board for you to place. If your are doing a new PCB layout then just do **Convert project to PCB...** and the new PCB will be created with all the components outside the board outline and ratlined together. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice