You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
All the problems with EasyEDA and why I'll switch to Flux.AI/etc
609 1
daxliniere 1 year ago
I have been struggling with EasyEDA since December 2022. Even with the pain of having to relearn a new piece of software, I cannot see myself using due to the constant hiccups and workarounds that massively reduce productivity. Aside from the high-level issues and bugs in EE, below is my personal list of problems that make the user experience absolutely tragic. They mostly pertain to the PCB editor, but many apply globally. <br> #1 - First and foremost; the complete lack of official support and updates. I've been very fortunate that Andy Fierman (not an EasyEDA employee!) has helped me figure out some of the problems I've faced, but this is not fair on him and is not an acceptable solution. If EasyEDA is EOL/dead and will not receive further updates, please just tell us. #2 - No real-time support community space. Discord would be a perfect place for this. #3 - Bug: cannot update PCB design if PCB is more than 2 layers. The only workaround is to completely delete everything in your inner layers. Not an acceptable solution. #4 - No shortcut to toggle snap. I have created my own mouse macro with AHK, but, by definition, using it requires that any selection is removed. (You can't access the snap options with items selected.) #5 - No ability to group selected items in PCB editor. #6 - No ability to save and load a selection if items. Being able to save multiple groups into #7 - Nets frequently become broken (unassigned) for non-obvious reasons. Further, there is no native tool to repair disassociated nets. #8 - Flip Horizontal/Vertical are very frequently not available for selections of certain items. #9 - Updating a component's footprint in the Schematic window either a) breaks things in the PCB window or b) doesn't work at all. #10 - No shortcuts for third-party scripts. #11 - Lack of tools to flip a component layout from one side of the board to another (including correct mirroring of components, etc) #12 - Bug: Areas of exposed copper are not moved along with the shapes that were used to create them. #13 - No native tool to join tracks. (Third-party script exists, but only 2 tracks can be selected at once) #14 - Sometimes undo just doesn't work or running undo/redo will leave behind items. #15 - Undo for shortcuts B & T (when executed on multiple items) undoes each item separately (does not undo the entire group at once).
Comments
daxliniere 11 months ago
> #1 - First and foremost; the complete lack of official support and updates. I rest my case\. :\| What a disappointment.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice