You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Assign pins during layout?
1334 5
mchahn 8 years ago
I want to design a board by first drawing schematics with a lot of unassigned pins and placing parts with no wires. The I want to add each wire to the PCB and then add the matching pin number to the schematic. My experience is that if you add a wire that is not on the schematic, then a net label like S123 is auto-created and then I can't get rid of that label. Is there a way to do this and have my names on the schematic and PCB?
Comments
mchahn 8 years ago
I have figured out how to do it. It is not easy but it is worth it to get a good layout. I will name the net when laying out the PCB and then go back to the schematic and add that net with that name. I don't know if I will be able to later update the PCB with the schematic changes.
support 8 years ago
Try it. It is not good to change PCB, you would better to change schematic, then import to PCB.
mchahn 8 years ago
> It is not good to change PCB, you would better to change schematic, then import to PCB. I guess I can do that. I'll have to figure out a few net assignments, go back and change the schematic, import it, place the net and then do that over and over. I have 100 pins that I am going to route this way.
dillon 8 years ago
Yes, you can.
andyfierman 8 years ago
@Mchahn, I have done a similar thing in the past. For some very arcane reasons I had a huge LTspice schematic with over 1000 connector pins - the connectivity of which had all been verified in simulation - that I then needed to turn into a non-simulation schematic suitable for porting to the PCB layout tool of Vutrax. Having produced a verified schematic, I decided not to redraw the schematic in Vutrax to avoid the chance of making any mistakes. I also needed to be able to show the person doing the PCB layout exactly how I wanted the layout to be done. The way I approached it was to create the relevant symbols in the LTspice and then draw the schematic as if it were a PCB layout. I placed the connectors and other components in the same relative positions that they would be on the PCB and then routed the schematic nets to show how they were to be laid out on a multilayer PCB. Nets on each layer were enclosed in ellipses and annotated to help identify them and they were drawn to minimise crossings (and so avoid changes from one layer to another). * If you give schematic nets names that also include a layer designation that will be a big help when it comes to PCB layout. If you use this approach in EasyEDA then when you convert the schematic to PCB, as you start routing you already know which layers sets of rats have to be routed on and you also know that they can be routed without having to worry too much about them crossing over. All this will all be much, much easier in EasyEDA because in my case there is no tool to directly convert an LTspice netlist to a Vutrax format so I had to make my own... :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice