You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Assistance request - Net Label different between Schematic and PCB
2197 23
bungo 7 years ago
I've been looking at the schematic and PCB for my workbench project and in about a number of places the net labels on the schematic and the PCB layout footprints differ. I'm hoping it's just because I've been staring at this too long and can't see the obvious glaring error. A copy of the project is [HERE][1]. As you can see on header HPWRB, the net label on pins 19 & 20 are different on the PCB (12VL) to the schematic (Neg12VL). I have traced the tracks for 2 days and cannot see any misconnected tracks or tracks with conflicting labels. I have gone overboard with labelling the tracks to try to see where the issue might be, but it hasn't helped. ![Schematic][2] ![PCB Footprint for HPWRB][3] In other places my 5V and 5VM net labels, and GND and GNDL and GNDM net labels are incorrect as well. If someone could run their eyes over it and see if there simply an error that I haven't seen it would be appreciated. Thanks Braedon Townsville, Australia [1]: https://easyeda.com/editor#id=EAMKjhRPN%7CeMmWTtrNL [2]: /editor/20160628/577246c5927e8.jpg [3]: /editor/20160628/5772468fa7e6f.jpg
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi Braedon, If you go into the Design Manager tab (top of the right hand panel) and then click on the nets you are querying, you'll see that the problems are caused because somewhere in the schematic, you have given two different netlabels to the same net. This joins the nets. I think you'll find that you've done this for several nets. One example is the net `5V` which is also labelled as `5VM` at XY location 680, 2838. Also if you check the Design Manager, you will find that you have many unconnected or signly connected nets. :
bungo 7 years ago
I'll have a look now. I'm a rank amateur at this, so I probably have a few bad habits or have missed some vital process where I could do it better. I have a lot of unconnected pins partially because one of the boards is just a practice soldering board for SMD chips, so they just sit up there on their own. Also I have some Arduino shields, Voltmeter, and LCD assemblies that are pre-made or sourced as parts of other kits that I have made PCB Libraries of so that I can align pins and cutouts where they should go. It's a bit of a hack, but I couldn't think of another way to position and have the cutouts as a component that I could manipulate. These need to be put on the schematic so that they don't disapear every time I import changes to the schematic (thus all the disconnected components littering the schematic). If there is a better way then please let me know. I just checked and fixed a few unconnected nets. I have found that some of the components I have made, and the stock electrolytic and non polarised capacitor symbols have their pins just out of alignment with the grid, so tracks don't quite join when they look like they do at moderate zoom level. Such as C211 or R110, which are just selected off the capacitor components on the sidebar but if you zoom in the 'pin' its not quite on the grid or aligned with the track. When you try to connect a track to them, you get a little black dot that presumably indicates that you will get a connection, but the track still sits slightly out of alignment and the Design Manager shows it's disconnected. I've not workedc out why or how to fix that. I'll keep earching for erroneous labels on the nets. Does anything in the design manager highlight these or is it a case of Mk 1 eyeball and an alert brain? cheers and thanks, Braedon
bungo 7 years ago
Some pins stubbornly refuse to connect to tracks, like VMVIN to 2P6T1 pin A, and R110 pin 2 to it's track. If there is a knack to this I'm all ears because I haven't mastered it, and the schematic is littered with them. cheers Braedon
support 7 years ago
It seems the net label is not snap very well. I delete the VMVIN and create a new , it is OK . Your net label's text is far from the wire. don't know why. ![enter image description here][1] ![enter image description here][2] [1]: /editor/20160628/57727e1b0fbb0.png [2]: /editor/20160628/57727e9e384a7.png
bungo 7 years ago
That could be a legacy of changing the font size and type-face. I noticed when I did that some of the labels and the connection dot kept the spacing of the larger font. The dot itself was on the track, the text had a large space however. I have changed it in my ongoing working version (the one I posted was a copy so that it I could continue working while people pulled my work to bits to help :-) ). Thanks Braedon
dillon 7 years ago
If you add some one to your team, then we can change it directly, now we just can see, can't modify. it is ready only
bungo 7 years ago
I did as requested, and the Design Manager still has it diconnected? I have adjusted in the copy posted as well and it has done the same (ie it hasn't changed from being disconnected)... It looks like most of the nets have not connected to that switch symbol if you look at the pin assignments in Design Manager for 2P6T1. cheers Braedon
bungo 7 years ago
OK, working out how to do that...(add Dillon and Andy to my team that is...)
support 7 years ago
I think I have found the problem, when you place your 2P6T1, you enter the unsnap model(maybe press G key), you can drag your 2P6T1, the wire can't follow. In this case, you need to delete your 2P6T1, and wire this component again. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20160628/577288319acba.png [2]: /editor/20160628/577285a1e1f73.png
andyfierman 7 years ago
`I'll keep earching for erroneous labels on the nets. Does anything in the design manager highlight these or is it a case of Mk 1 eyeball and an alert brain?` That's exactly what the Design Manager tab and clicking on the net does for you: ![enter image description here][1] Note that nets with less than 2 connections are marked with crosses. [1]: /editor/20160628/5772884564d65.png
bungo 7 years ago
I need e-mail addresses to do that from what I can see... You can e-mail me your address and I can add you? Tried to add support@easyeda.com with RW access in case it was valid, but it spits up an error and to try again later. cheers Braedon
bungo 7 years ago
OK, removing and re-adding 2P6T1 and re-attaching the tracks seems to have worked. The same didn't when I removed and re-added C304. cheers Braedon
andyfierman 7 years ago
My email address - or Dillon's - should be fairly easy to figure out since we're both at easyeda.com :)
bungo 7 years ago
I added both of you to the acl of the copy you've been looking at and the working copy which is identically named but without the "-Copy" on the end. Cheers and thanks Braedon
andyfierman 7 years ago
Which one do you want any mods made to? :)
bungo 7 years ago
I'll be busy with the kids on school holidays today, so the working one would be good, I'll not be making any changes for today. If you can see what I may have done with the missalignments of the components so I know if I'm 'doing it wrong'. :-) cheers Braedon
bungo 7 years ago
G'Day Andy and Dillon, Am I free to make changes to this now? I have been holding off in case someone was going to modify things to try to work out why the components and the tracks in the schematic weren't lining up leaving me with single tracks and disconnected pins? Unrelated but the subject of a different post, I also found a neat workaround to the issue of multiple copper areas that don't fill. A single isolated via without any connected tracks on the same net as the copper area, somewhere on the copper area causes it to fill. cheers Braedon
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi Braedon, Sorry: I've not had chance to work on your schematic. I don't know if Dillon has. If you check the revision date on it you'll see when it was last edited: ![enter image description here][1] ![enter image description here][2] I'm not sure I understand exactly how you have done your copper area workaround. Could you share an example? :) [1]: /editor/20160705/577ba2da070d5.png [2]: /editor/20160705/577ba309a84db.png
bungo 7 years ago
https://easyeda.com/editor#id=OvHFfdbwu that you should have access to... I've not checked it in design manager, but the via is attached to the copper area and the copper area is on a netlabnel that is associated with at least one other pin on a component on that board. cheers Braedon
support 7 years ago
Can you give me an image with screen, use red arrow to mark where is the problem, your PCB is complex, it is too hard to find where is the problem, btw ,your new PCB is private.
bungo 7 years ago
OK, I think I've worked it out. Some of it harks back to which net it is in (or not in). Because I didn't want ratlines going between the board sections, I named my ground planes different things. Thus in some places the net name was different to the copper area on some boards and the fill algorithm wouldn't go there with nothing to seed it. If the solid area has no net (which it seems to default to), and there is nothing in that net in the area it won't fill the solid. Put something in that area in the same net and it seems to work thus the stray via in that area gives it something to bind to. So if you simplty draw a copper area it won't go solid until you give it a hole, pad, or pin to bind to with the same netlabel. cheers Braedon
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi Brandon, That's right. You have to assign a netlabel to a copper area and then have a net with the same name that can be connected to the copper area either directly by a track on the same layer or through a via from a track on a different layer.
bungo 7 years ago
OK, so the only thing left is the misalignment of the tracks and symbols in the Scematic that I can't make connect. cheers and thanks. Braedon
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice