You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Associate schematic to PCB to allow multiple PCB
2358 4
CuriousSpark 5 years ago
Currently, when using multiple schematics and you update the PCB, all parts from all schematics will be added to the PCB. Instead, I would like to be able to associate a PCB to a given schematic, so the PCB can be updated from the relevant schematics only. We could have: * Schematic A -> associated to PCB 1 * Schematic B -> associated to PCB 1 * Schematic C -> associated to PCB 2 So if I modify Schematic C, only PCB 2 will be affected. If I modify Schematics A or B, then only PCB 1 is affected. The association could be a many-many relationship so more than a PCB can be associated to a schematics, in case you need different PCB from the same set of schematics. To make it simple for people who don't need the feature, the default could simply associate all PCB and schematics in a project, just like EasyEDA is behaving now. Renaud Renaud
Comments
dillon 5 years ago
Why don't create different projects  to do this?  two projects. I think we can't provide this function soon. thanks
andyfierman 5 years ago
I have to agree with Dillon here. "We could have: * Schematic A -> associated to PCB 1 * Schematic B -> associated to PCB 1 * Schematic C -> associated to PCB 2 So if I modify Schematic C, only PCB 2 will be affected. If I modify Schematics A or B, then only PCB 1 is affected." What you describe in the above is exactly what would happen when you put Schematic A and Schematic B in a Project called Project1 and put Schematic C in a Project called Project2 and then convert the schematic(s) in each project into PCB1 and PCB2 respectively. Why complicate a simple system that already works?
contact.imeszaros 5 years ago
Because the term "Project" in EasyEDA is misleading then. I would think that a "Project" represents a set of plans to realize a product. For example to design a Bluetooth speaker, you would have distinct schematic sheets AND PCBs for power supply, amplifier and button bar. But currently in EasyEDA, i'd need to put these three modules into three separate "Projects". But I also understand your arguments. I would go another way around, and create a lightweight container called "Product" or "Project Group" in which users could organize their "Projects". The best would be in my opinion, to call these containers as "Projects", and rename the current "Projects" to "Designs". This would provide the highest flexibility and the less confusion.
rom1nux 5 years ago
@contact.imeszaros just add same prefix to your project name BTSPKR_POWER BTSPKR_AMP BTSPKR_BTN and shrt your project list in alphabetical order... "I would go another way around, and create a lightweight container called "Product" or "Project Group" in which users could organize their "Projects"."
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice