You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Auto router the easy way!
3957 5
Guest 6 years ago
Auto Routing the Easy Way ------------------------- I have looked on the forum but nothing (perhaps nothing, its a big forum) is said that the auto router usually never works properly. I nearly always get "Track to Track" and "Track to Pad" errors. The bigger the project the more likely. Okay, I can edit these errors or just rerun until I get a good or nearly good result. I am sure this puts a lot of unnecessary traffic on the EasyEDA server. **The Easy Way** 1. Do what you usually do and get your first pass PCB (turn off copper fill for the time being). 2. Instead of editing the tracks to clear the errors, just delete the worst offending tracks (you know, the crazy ones). 3. Update the DRC error occasionally to avoid looking at deleted errors (it also make the list shorter and gives you hope!). 4. All errors cleared? Check the PCB for floating tracks and vias (delete them), while your at it clean up any truly awful tracks (you know, the crazy ones). 5. All good? Then **turn off the Rip Up Nets** and rerun the auto router (it will not take very long this time). 6. Repeat (usually not that many times) until all good. Regards AlanC
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
Hi AlanC, That seems like a sensible approach. * A thought: `I nearly always get "Track to Track" and "Track to Pad" errors.` Have you somehow set up the PCB Design Rules in a way that accidentally conflicts with the values in the Autorouter? ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20170806/59872b63971b7.png
Guest 6 years ago
No, I go with the EasyEDA defaults except for Vcc and Gnd. The errors are truly bad however. If I keep trying I usually get a good result (but for big board this is not really an option). Regards Alan
andyfierman 6 years ago
I have to say that, personally, I never use an Autorouter. I usually have too many constraints to leave any part of a layout to an Autorouter to mess up. By the time you have to deal with layer choices, layer-to-layer transfers, planes and plane breaks, copper floods and extended thermal pads, most Autorouters have made such a mess of my signal and power integrity that it's more work to fix than doing it all by hand. That said an Autorouter is a very fair and generous tool. It can mess up even a very simple layout! :)
Guest 6 years ago
I have designed some stuff by hand but it is not worth the time. The signal issue is probably not much of an issue with TTL running at a few MHz. But as I now review the PCB and delete anything I don't like the the layouts are much better. If I assume the issues I have had are common then it will help many others and unload the server. Regards AlanX
andyfierman 6 years ago
`The signal issue is probably not much of an issue with TTL running at a few MHz.` That largely depends on how the power, ground and signal tracks are laid out. It's always possible to mess up a layout in such a way that there's too much crosstalk resulting in glitches in digital circuits or simply feedback in linear circuits or even unwanted offsets in DC circuits. If you keep an eye on it then you can correct any obvious layout errors but I'd rather not have to correct a mistake that usually only gets put in as a result of an Auto rather than a manual router. Like most tools, an Autorouter in skilled hands can help produce a good result but simply trusting it to do a good job on every board, every time can land an inexperienced user in a lot of trouble very quickly. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice