You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Automated tracks of different widths on single net
315 1
rlbrinkman 1 year ago
I'm hoping EasyEDA has an automated solution for my request and that I have simply overlooked it.  My request should be a common need by many users. I have components on power and ground nets that have different current demands (e.g., device power - and - pulling signal lines high or low).  My "hack" solution is to create two separate nets, route the heavy load net with fat wires and the low load net with default wires. I provide extra pads into which I solder a wire jumper to connect the nets. I can't just route everything "fat" - there will not be enough room.  If I route everything "default" then selectively change segments to "fat" I will run into technical problems/roadblocks, and lots of segments will need manual update. What I would like to be able to do is have a method to tell the router to draw the wires in the two nets with their specified thicknesses - but when done then connect the two nets.  This would avoid the need for a manual "fix".  An even more elegant process would be to route the fat net first, then connect all the individual default net connections to the fat net wherever it was most convenient. It would seem that a fully automated solution similar to what I describe should be achievable. Best Regards, Ron Brinkman ![Schematicsm.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/LTZi9sUzdIAwlGOO6qfDBhoQTl7OwuIpJZKzk80M.jpeg)  ![PCBsm.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/5qvSelvlmLsFGHEXTMKLRqkibTr0JIIjwb4nU318.jpeg)
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
There is no automated way to do what you describe but you can set up the different track widths in the Design Rules then run the auto router. Or set up the Design Rules, tell the auto router to ignore one net and let it autoroute the other then manually route the other. If you are really concerned about the  different routes you could make it all one net, route it by hand and change the widths as you route then tell the autorouter to ignore that net and let it route everything else. There are, as you can see, several ways to handle this and relying on an autorouter can be a recipe for disaster.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice