You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Autorouter - Mixing trace widths for same net..
1244 3
edcasati 4 years ago
Autorouter question. I have a trace that needs to be wide because it is prt of the power grid. All of my default traces will be 11 mil in width, but this particular trace will be 35 mil in width. One of the devices that is being connected to teh power grid has a pad width of only 11 mil, so routing a 35 mil trace won't work since it crashes into the pads next to iit, and autorouting can not complete. When the traces have the same NET name, is there a way to designate a specific segment to have a different trace width than the rest of the segments? The only option that I can find now is to let the Autorouter fail, and then manually connect the problem segment, but it would be nice to be able to designate specific segments oif the same net to have different trace widths.
Comments
andyfierman 4 years ago
I don't think you can get the autorouter to route with a variable trace width. Your best option would be to route the segment from the pad to the wider trace by hand and then run the autorouter. Even so you may have to manually route all the tracks of this type and then tell the autorouter to leave them alone while it does the rest of the routing.
RobertFolkes 3 years ago
It seems to me @joroenst was asking a similar question about a year ago. It's almost like we need the ability to split a net into 'subnets' that can each have different track widths set-up. Editing the track widths after autoroute is error prone and often doesn't work because substantially different routings are necessary to accommodate the wider tracks. I've found a rather ugly work-around: create a separate circuit for your high-power components and another for your low power stuff. Position components that should be connected (but aren't) close together on the PCB, or position something like a header close to where a connection needs to be made. Set the appropriate track widths in autorouter special nets and let it do it's stuff. It should then be a fairly easy job just to connect the circuits using the PCB track creating tool. You get some quite helpful warning messages along the way, but this seems to work.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@RobertFolkes, Assign the wide track into a dedicated net class then manually route that first. Then tell the autorouter to ignore it so it routes everything else around it. If the wide track needs special treatment then that effectively classifies it as a critical net which should be routed by hand before other tracks anyway.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice