You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Autorouter and 4layer problem (inner planes = GND and VCC)
1132 9
markus_e 3 years ago
Is there still the limitation of auto router that the inner planes of a 4 layer PCB are not routed automatically? I have GND and VCC layers as layer 2 and 3, declared as "plane" in layer setup,  and entered correct net names, but autorouter ignores them and puts all GND and VCC tracks on the outer layers. Or  am I  doing things wrong? I have read about a workaround to make manually the VIAs to the inner planes, then deactivate the inner layers and start the autorouter to route everything except GND and VCC nets, and after that reactivate the inner layers and draw copper areas there. Would that be the only solution if one wants the help of the auto router? thanks for input!
Comments
andyfierman 3 years ago
Pleae post some screenshots to show how you have set up your layers and the autorouter tabs. Better would be to post the link to a public project that illustrates the issue. Thanks.
markus_e 3 years ago
![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/WC6UHt2fjDhEAFS28IwBDvzBNDRcZ7Z9WDGSyTCY.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/sNhrXHHuxsj2X6Yvx8zGaFOEI40PJGBLoUTvMUA0.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/O518oXY03fFDz1rtqQ4D6uF8OViQKZVs6sRjQtXs.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/dwkcSMdoVAuxUpmZAQXqvG4bwt4OTgSglVVr0pz4.png)
markus_e 3 years ago
In Autorouter, the planes are not selectable and are left our by the router
andyfierman 3 years ago
You haven't shown how the Skip Nets tab is configured. What happens if you enter GND and VCC as nets to skip in the Skip Nets tab? Does the autorouter then skip routing pins on those nets completely?
markus_e 3 years ago
The question was not how to skip GND and VCC from being routed. The skip nets page is empty. When I define them to be skipped, yes they are skipped by the router
andyfierman 3 years ago
"The question was not how to skip GND and VCC from being routed." I understand that. I have no experience of using the autorouter on more than 2 layers so I was wondering what the difference was between them being skipped or not. What about if you route the VCC and GND connections manually to the relevant planes and then skip them and let the auto router do all the other nets.
markus_e 3 years ago
Yes that's what would be a workaround, I think I just overvalued the autorouter and thought it could manage that for me, but as far as I see it is not too common that people rely on autorouting
andyfierman 3 years ago
Unless you pay a lot of money for an autorouter or are routing an essentially  low (edge) speed board, an autorouter is a quick way to get into a lot of crosstalk, signal and power integrity and EMC trouble. I played with this one a few months ago on a complex but slow edged 2 layer PCB (4000 series cmos running at 32kHz) and ran it several times then hand adjusted the bits I wasn't happy with. Overall it might have been faster than doing it by hand but I put a lot of placement effort into a board to try to optimise routing before I start pushing any copper so difficult to tell. Trouble is if the board is simple enough to safely autoroute then it's simple enough to do by hand but if it's complex enough to be trashed by an autorouter then it needs to be done by hand. :)
Markus_ee 3 years ago
Hello other Markus! I suggest to route your signals manually. You don't learn anything about routing if you just apply autorouter continuosly. Just be brave and give yourself a chance to learn about PCB design by routing your boards manually. Regards, Markus Virtanen HW / Electronics Designer
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice