You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Autorouter creates DRC errors when routing
1769 23
Henrik Larsen 3 years ago
HI, I have updated to latest autorouter (7.x) after having been away from EasyEDA for some time. Now, when I Autoroute (Local) my PCB, the router finishes ok, but the DRC error check leaves me with nearly 100 DRC errors. I have 1. many "Via Diameter" errors since the autorouter do not use the Via Diameter from the Design rules of the routed track. 2. Manu "Via Drill Diameter" errors for the same reason. 3. Many many "Clearance" errors , since the autorouter ignores the routed tracks clearance settings when routing. Is this the expected behaviour with router V7.x ?
Comments
mrtom528 3 years ago
I don't know if this will cure your issues but the latest local auto-router is version 0.8.11, [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/PCB/Route/index.html#Local-Auto-Router](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/PCB/Route/index.html#Local-Auto-Router) Regards.
Thanks, I'll try it... I did download the "lastest", but the "lastest" link from the forums, point to a V0.7.1 version... "#"=¤")?
Just tried Autorouter 0.8.11 and still get all the exact same errors.
These are some of the errors I get: Clearance error: Using wider trace for GND. Autorouter is not reducing overlaps. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/N7kp6DxHDGmmrAuwIR5zuBa4RExsmw8aFRHgEXzs.png) Another Clearance Error: Clearance on 24V tracks are specified to be 8mils, and Autorouter does use clearance, but still DRC check still detects error. Is this a race condition on the decimals ? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/42XofFBvyC6zjIqjL2FHWtaQi6RwTRFCTrASEXDQ.png) Diameter error: Have specified to use 30/20 Via for GND ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/gBe2UvmZcbwtbiyngRpvUFr5LkC8TY7SydzRPdk9.png) And I get the same for Via Drill Diameter of course.
No I try specify in Autorouter dialog to use 9 mils for clearance for the troublesome tracks, but the autorouter ignores my manual inputs and still uses the 8 mills specified in design rules, but these still causes drc errors. Here I measure the distance, which is near 8 mills. Above or below ?? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Upxg4xj9dV0vCR40JDt77RcPj9ZlKzp1TKTHTuNM.png)
I just found out that you HAVE to press ENTER on every entered value in the Autorouter dialog to make the value count. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Rkn7aoMSlXcZ4nWt13m3ll5o0JTliB0fh90OssOO.png) But that is not the "windows" way. Its unlogical, that you can write values in the dialog, that are not being used when you press "Run".
So, entering 9 mills in the Autorouter dialog, and have the design rules for those tracks set to 8 mills, resolves a lot of the DRC errors in my design. This is a clear indication to me that the 8 mills are not at least 8 mills in the Autorouter, or there are some rounding problem in the DRC error check or in the Autorouter. But I still have the above mentioned "Via Diameter" and "Via Drill Diameter" errors, as well as the clearance errors where the track overlap because it is circular at the end.
I tried the same project on another computer and got exact same problems again when Autorouting.
steadystate 3 years ago
Autorouter is garbage.  I have the same problems.  I even tried increasing the number of layers on a two layer board to four layers (then six, then twelve) to avoid overlapping traces and clearance errors.  Autorouter placed exactly TWO short traces on the top layer, a few sparce traces on others, and then crammed and overlapped traces on the remaining layer.  Honestly, it's absolutely useless for anything but the most basic circuit. Unfortunately, I designed several circuits with EasyEDA instead of a real PCB design program, and EasyEDA has no viable schematic export.  My only practical option if to start from scratch with another program.  I'd say you get what you pay for, but OrCAD Trial blows EasyEDA away from what I see so far.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@steadystate, You could try Kicad.
Is anyone working on EasyEda actually reading this, or is it simply a forum where you blow of frustrations. Btw: Kicad can be just as frustrating as EasyEda can be at times, but the learning curve is very steep for Kicad. Did use it years ago, and it han't got any easier to use.
Markus_ee 3 years ago
Hi Henrik! You'll be better of by manually routing your PCB. This way you learn something. But if you want, I can provide some routing service. Just PM me if you want my services. Regards, Markus Virtanen HW / Electronics Designer
andyfierman 3 years ago
@maximumiq, There is a new PCB engine coming but it is still a few months away yet.
@markus_ee, I do manual routing - of course. Most PCB designs needs some tweaking after the autorouter has done its job. In general I have been using the EasyEDA autorouter to do the initial layout, but from when I started to use it and now, it has actually gotten worse, I think. Now there so many flaws that its almost impossible to use even for initial layout. @andyfierman, I look forward to a new PCB engine. I guess that means how the manual routing engine works, thus affecting the autorouter functioning.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@maximumiq, I don't know but I assume that the Autorouter will have been improved.
pommie 2 years ago
I found this thread because I've got the exact same problem. It's now 9 months later and nothing has been done about this. Five months ago, it was asked "Is anyone working on EasyEda actually reading this, or is it simply a forum where you blow of frustrations." and it would appear that nobody is actually reading this. Very disappointing. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
I thought "oh well, just get on with it" and manually changed the via diameter and drill size. So I changed the first one to match the design rule. It still reports is as an error!!! Look, ![DRC.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/nWmrTmA95Tu3tvt5C5RG4jTr5318LMN94vDs7414.png) In this picture, I've clicked on the top DRC error and it's highlighted a via. On the right it's reporting the via as having a diameter of 0.8mm but on the left it says 0.65mm!!!! How is this even possible? Is someone looking at this and can a fix be expected any time soon? Mike.
UserSupport 2 years ago
@pommie please Send your PCB as EasyEDA format to [support@easyeda.com](mailto:support@easyeda.com)
pommie 2 years ago
File sent. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Some followup information. I've just refreshed my browser to get the latest version - V6.4.20.6 and tried both the local Auto Router and the cloud one. Both gave the same result. Thanks for looking at this. Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
I've just worked out that when you double click on a DRC error that is Via Diameter, it places the via at the center of the screen, puts a yellow cross on it, reports what the error is on the bottom left. However, it does not change the right hand side properties pane to the newly selected via.To get the right hand properties to change, you need to click on the highlighted via. HTH, Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Thanks for responding and acknowledging the problem. Now got a different problem. Realising I can tidy up the DRC errors manually, I thought a 4 layer board would make things easier. So, I cloned my project, changed to 4 layers intending the top two layers to be signal and the bottom two to be power planes. Seems this isn't possible as the outer layers have to be signal. So changed back to two layers and attempted to Auto Route. Result, ![Auto-fail.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/iJ83riiwGub3ypfeqmjyqFn2mHvx2LlRRaeFCCun.png) Lots of unrouted tracks. However, as can be seen in the background, there are lots of tracks that are very easily routed. It appears like the Auto Router has just ignored the left side of the board. Should I send this board as well? Mike.
pommie 2 years ago
Forget the above post. The problem was the board outline had been accidentally duplicated causing the routing problem. Mike.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice