You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Autorouter ignores inner power planes
3832 10
djeasyedauser 8 years ago
The situation: A 4 layer board. Inner 1 has a GND copper pour for a ground plane. Inner 2 has a VCC copper pour for a power plane. I've wired in the power connections from the pins to the power planes with vias. If I autoroute with rip-up, it 'rips up' the copper pours and routes on the inner layers. If I autoroute without rip-up it ignores the power planes and routes power wires between the power pins on the outer layers. Is there a way to get the behavior I expect - I.E. 1) The autorouter treats a copper pour power plane as the nearest power net and drops a via to it instead of routing wires between the power pins on the surface. 2) It won't rip up power planes. Thanks David
Comments
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, What about skip the nets? Now EasyEDA just allow skip one net, If we provide to allow skip many nets, is it OK for U. If you skip the net, EasyEDA will never router it. at the end, you can add the power net using copper area and via to connect that net. I think you ask a great question, hope you find a good way to tell us how to do this better, Your I.E. is not good enough. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20151001/560c7397b1438.png
I tried it. It still doesn't work for a design with power planes. I set it to skip GND and hand routed the GND connections and had it skip that net. I also turned off rip-up, so it wouldn't remove the power connections. 1) The autorouter ripped up the VCC plane 2) The autorouter routed wires on the inner layers ruining the ground plane. 3) The autorouter connected together all the vcc pins via surface wires. It would be a nice feature if a layers could be designated as power planes in the layer setup and the autorouter could be told to not route on specific planes. I'm an experienced board designer and I've used many board layout packages. They usually have these features, but also have so many other features that that are hard to use. EasyCad is wonderfully simple to use, but the autorouter doesn't appear to be compatible with 4 or 6 layer board with power planes. I will have to hand route my board so that the power planes don't get destroyed.
dillon 8 years ago
OK. Will make it better in the future version. And we are sure will support the Power planes. Thanks.
dillon 8 years ago
Hi David, I have new idea, it will be OK for power planes. 1. router the track, via for power planes. 2. remove the inner1, inner2 from the layer toolbar. Let it seems your board just two layers. 3. Run auto router without rip-up. 4. add the inner1, inner2. and build the copper area. You must keep the inner1 inner2 wihtout tracks, or the via maybe added to the tracks. Hope you can undertand what I mean.
I tried that. It worked ok. Only I had to delete the power tracks it put on the surface and then there was space to improve the routing. If I could skip two tracks, I could have prevented it routing both VCC and GND. I today got my first circuit board from EasyEDA. A simple single sided power attenuator board. I'm delighted with the board quality, so I'm going to continue using EasyEDA.
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, Next version you can skip lots of tracks. Next next version we will provide power panel. Thanks for you like our PCB.
seppo.pietarinen 6 years ago
Is this still the only way of making a Power plane?
jgroezin 3 years ago
Hi, I wish to create a 4 layer board with inner power and ground plane.  And use autorouter on the top and bottom.  Dillon commented that next version may have changes.  Can someone comment on the procedure do this?
diaphone 2 years ago
I'm experiencing this same issue now in Sept 2021. I set up a 4-layer board for a DRAM SIMM, with Inner 1 as GND and Inner 2 as VCC. The auto-router creates vias to GND for all component ground pins, but it still insists on making traces to VCC on the two outer layers. The naming of VCC is the same on schematic and the Inner 2 solid plane, and I can route manually to it, it just seems that the auto-router algorithm isn't coded to utilize a power plane the same way as GND.
jacomo156 1 year ago
It doesnt work! I set it to ignore/skip GND but it doesnt work! I have a copper pour and still the autorouter creates routes for the gnd even though the components are on the copper pour! 2023!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice