You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Autorouting with Resistors
645 1
jerrybruce 4 years ago
Why does the auto router run tracks to the far side of the resistor rather than the side nearest  to the connection point of other devices? In my case, the resistor is placed horizontally on the layout and the signal source is on the left side of the resistor and the output connector is on the right side of the resistor. The autorouter the runs the track from the signal source to the right terminal of the resistor and the track to the connector from the left side of the resistor. This does not seem like the best route for the traces. thanks, Jerry
Comments
deskpro256 4 years ago
Hi, your project is private, so only you can see it. If you could at least show us an example in an image or make the project public. I kind of understand what you mean, but without seeing what's actually happening in the PCB, we can't really tell whats the culprit here. Is the resistor placed so that the pad that needs to connect to the left side is on the left side and the output is on the right side? This is how I see the problem you have now: ![wrong.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/nP6GNDrxe491HbSnK5jlF3EodYecTy9tPFf0HQyS.png) Good component placement is 80% of the routing. The other 20% is just point and click the traces from A to B. I have a simple LED schematic here: ![schem.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/KTmbmP5TzRC2zXK3r1KfEMsGfbZLk6sPzw9fTeeP.png) As you can see, the resistor R1 has 1 connection to the VCC and the other to the LED. Resistors are not polarized, but the electrical connections in the CAD program kind of make it that way. The resistor has 2 pads, A  and B. Let's say that A connects to VCC and B to the LED. In the PCB, the pads will care how your component is oriented because now the resistor is sort of polarized, pad A needs to connect to the pad that has the VCC net and the pad B needs to connnect to the LED pad. Hopefully some images will make it more clear:) Here you can see a gif where I create the PCB. You can see the thin blue ratsnest wires. They tell me what pad needs to be connected to what. Rotate the components and place the pads close to each other and connect them. ![routing_help.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/FpUBn6Tba09Mb8kqMsBX33YVmg5cWWUPZXiAhv9R.gif) The end result is a nice looking PCB. ![nice.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/EIw7UAWpQPLONgx2UJOv6vaaJHktNnci8J4CRPxd.png) This is an example of terrible component placement, which later leads to terrible routing: ![wtf.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/l3jxDmWWKdOZ85K4t8ZhjOgw6wGCdaB6TudjAC1A.png) ![ass.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ummveRz4blDi7qXLTfPiqf8jsteGImSBxotZzxjg.png) [RANT] Another thing, is it really necessary to autoroute your board? If you understand your schematic and know what it does, would't it be better to route the traces yourself? The ratsnest shows you what needs to connect to what and its a point and click game then. I see too many people in here asking about the autorouter and having issues with it, but most of the time it's their own fault, because they either don't understand the schematic and think that the autorouter will make miracles or they don't know how to route their own boards which later adds to a lot of problems. If you don't know what a good board looks like and can't make one, how do you know the autorouter did a good job? These projects are a perfect opportunity for you to learn how to route the PCB's yourself, if you need help, come here and ask, there will be people who want to help. But just throwing the components willy-nilly on the PCB, hitting the autoroute button will produce garbage. Don't take the rant personally. I don't know your knowledge level, if you are a beginner take it as a learning experience, we all start somewhere but that doesn't mean we don't need to improve! :) Hope some of this helps!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice