You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Battery tester
1253 8
spiderman288888 3 years ago
Hello, I was wondering how do you know the difference between creating a mounted and through holes PCB.  I want all my stuff to be soldered from the bottom, not the top.  The main components I am using is an arduino, resistors, LEDs and LCD.
Comments
andyfierman 3 years ago
Components placed on the top layer of a Through hole PCBs are soldered from the bottom layer. If you want to create a surface mount PCB where the components are soldered on the bottom layer then place your SMT parts on the bottom layer.
When I press EElib\, the first resistor is the R\_0603\_US and the one next to it is the R\_0603\_EU\.  How do I know which parts to choose for my resistors to be through holes as well as the rest of my stuff? I know those numbers have something to do with it\.  Both of those types  of resistors will have me solder them on top\.  I am using a deluxe elegoo arduino kit and the resistors are 250 ohms\.  I tried looking at the specifics for each LED and resistor but cant find anything with numbers such as I see on the EasyEda program \(for example R\_0603\)\. I also wanted to be able to solder a jumper cable connected to my diode.  How can I make a through whole to be able to solder a jumper cable such as in my picture below?  Those 2 jumper cables are meant to touch the positive and negative end of a battery in my battery tester.![battery tester.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/sI6LPs8NwOyya20k52Fvn0xxKqZjwqifuFYmlAgj.jpeg)
andyfierman 3 years ago
Fir specific components, please use the Shift+F Libraries tool and choose your parts from the LCSC  library if you just want specific parts with supplier codes but do not want them assembled onto your PCB when it is delivered. If you want an assembled PCB then choose from the JLCPCB Assembled library. To understand how to place footprints on the bottom of the PCB, place them on the top layer then swap them onto the bottom layer on the right hand panel. In the meantime, please read: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a)
andyfierman 3 years ago
For a through hole wire connection place a single pin header from the EElib and then find or create a PCB Footprint of a suitable dimensioned single through hole (multi-layer) pad and assign the name of that Footprint to the header symbol in your  schematic.
Can someone give me an example of a resistor or LED I can search for that I can mount onto the PCB and solder on the bottom?  That's my main question.  I want to be able to solder all of the parts myself.  When I add the resistor and LED, it looks like it will come already soldered.
I want my resistors and LEDs to have pads such as this (this is a picture I found): ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/F509Qi8Bh6XQsOSmscPHzjp9ATCih6ujdsWVFjw2.png) But when I add my resistors and LEDs they look like this.  The arduino seems to have pads so that I can solder it and that's what I want for the resistors and LEDs. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/vRxzRUJfaVpogAZ980H4W4BK61WO0FYWH6bKQCMz.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
For through hole resistors and capacitors you need to look for parts axial packages. I think you need to have a read of some pages in Wikipedia about package types of electronic components and learn about the generic descriptions of the different sizes of surface mount and through hole packages.
andyfierman 3 years ago
For through hole resistors and capacitors you need to look for parts **in** axial packages.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice