You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Can we please stop components moving when switching from mm to mils and back again
775 10
MikeDB 4 years ago
I place front panel components and SMT components on a mm grid, but have to switch to a mils grid for thru holes and sockets.  I thus have to switch constantly and find the components placed on a mils grid stay rock solid, but the ones on a mm grid slowly gain an offset, maybe 0.02 mm or so at a time, which over time can result in components being over 0.25 mm out from their original position
Comments
Frendor 4 years ago
Interesting MikeDB. Like you Mike I work in both **mils** and **mm** and often find components have moved out of line. I've always put it down to me accidentally "Knocking" the component, Now I know why! Cheers. Frendor
MikeDB 4 years ago
@Frendor Yes I thought that at first before I noticed it was a regular and predictable occurance, and then proved it by locking some components.  For some reason, all positions seem to get translated back and forth into the currently selected units in the actual database, and I think the mm->mils factor is not quite exactly 1/mils->mm factor.
UserSupport 4 years ago
That is Precision losing issue(Known Issue) when unit changes! we doesn't have a good sulotion for it yet, if EasyEDA unit size only support Two decimal places would not have this issue. when EasyEDA support to Three decimal places, it is being difficult for solved the Precision issue at JavaScript. please don't change the unit frequently. @MikeDB @Frendor
MikeDB 4 years ago
@UserSupport Sorry but I have to change it 10 to 20 times daily.  Some components are mm based and some are mils based.  This really is an important issue to fix.  I suspect lots of boards are going out to fab without the owners realising some of the parts are moved.
UserSupport 4 years ago
@MikeDB Yes, we tried serveral times, at present design, it's hard to fix, but we will keep trying.
MikeDB 4 years ago
@UserSupport Couldn't you store each component with the units it was created in (mm or mil) and then always use that as a master and only convert to the other as a copy ?   Similar to how function calls for non-arrays work in C ?
UserSupport 4 years ago
Not really understand your description, at present, when you convert to PCB, editor will get the footprint from the server, make the copy  for each part, when them placing on the PCB, all objects' unit will follow the PCB unit.
MikeDB 4 years ago
@UserSupport Yes that's the problem.  The editor should work in both units so that a component is always operated upon in its original unit (mm or mil) and never translated between the two.
UserSupport 4 years ago
They have too, you need to know when inch to mm, there must missing some precision. all size we saved is mil, when opening, it will convert to mm, inch, depends on the unit parameter you save, no matter what unit you saved, you have to convert it to caculate, it doesn't matter witch unit type, just the how many precision we saved and used and completion the losing part
MikeDB 4 years ago
Personally I think that's an architectural mistake.  However as it is this way, can't you add significantly more precision ?  I just found a component over 0.3mm from where I originally placed it.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice