You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Can you please sort out this mm mils issue once and for all !
865 4
MikeDB 4 years ago
Just had a stack of 4 PCBs back and one PCB has the mounting holes out of alignment by almost 0.5mm so is scrap.  I realigned all key components between the PCBs about a week before shipping but I (and I assume many others) have to switch from mm to mils and back constantly because of a mix of SMT, thru-hole and both metric and imperial mechanical components (e.g. 2mm and 2.54 mm connectors !), and the rounding errors or whatever causes the drift is a disaster.
Comments
martin 4 years ago
Haven't had this misfortune yet, but I agree with Mike-- when laying out a schematic, it is deeply disturbing to have components snap to "alternate" locations, causing them to be misaligned with those already in place. I find myself constantly turning snap mode off, zooming in, moving, etc. This is at best a waste of time and energy, and at worst highlighted with Mike's case of useless boards.
Dobrowolsk 3 years ago
This is an old thread, but I also just had it happening that a component with 5 mm pin distance was placed in holes with 5.08 mm pin distance. Also, why the heck does it create holes with 1.5 mm diameter for pins that just have 0.6 mm?
andyfierman 3 years ago
@pudelralf, Aren't those errors in the construction of PCB Footprint rather than an effect of the rounding errors that this thread is about? Errors of this nature should be reported by using the Report Error menu options.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@pudelralf, Was this a System or a User Contributed PCB Footprint?
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice