You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Cannot associate custom footprint
1114 7
richardmcclellan 2 years ago
With apologies.  I am a new convert from KICAD.  I like easyeda so far. A lot. I am having a problem associating a custom footprint to a custom symbol.  I have successfully done this with one part--created the schematic symbol and pcb footprint.  This is the second such part, and I am absolutely stalled. If I go to Library>Workspace&Footprint, my footprint is there, loud and clear.  When I go to the symbol and click on attributes, click on "footprint", the footprint is nowhere to be found.  If I go Footprint Manager, my symbol is at top, in red, but the footprint is not in the list. Since I managed to do this once, I know it is something dumb.  Will some kind soul give me a hint? Thanks in advance.
Comments
I have another problem.  The first part that I created, initially I put in holes instead of pads--it is a through hole part.  I woke up when the footprint manager wouldn't connect pins.  Went back, put in pads (through hole).  If I edit the part in the footprint manager, I see the correct footprint.  But, when I go to the footprint manager and try to select a footprint, it defaults to the old footprint, with holes.  If I edit the footprint, it pulls up the correct part. I "update", exit either by "X" or cancel.  When I go back to the footprint manager--the old footprint is there.  I can find it nowhere to delete it.  As an attempt, I tried renaming it and saving a duplicate.  Same problem as above--it is there in Library>Workspace&Footprint, but it doesn't show up in Footprint Manager.
I think I solved it.  I exited the site, reopened.  Voila!--things are there and seem to behave themselves.  Now I have to delete a bunch of junk. Is this required?  Isn't there some other way?
andyfierman 2 years ago
@richardmcclellan, There seems to be a long delay between saving a new symbol or footprint and it appearing in your Workspace and then the footprint becoming available to a Search in the Footprint Manager. I can't find the topic just now but IIRC, if you go into:  [https://easyeda.com/account/user/components/created](https://easyeda.com/account/user/components/created) and then click on the edit pencil symbol (not the confusingly different big Edit button!) then that encourages EasyEDA to find it in a Library search and then when you enter it in the Search box in the upper right of the Footprint Manager window.
@andyfierman Thanks, Andy.  The big problem with any EDA tool is the quirks.  They all have them.  There always seems to be a bunch of secret handshakes you have to know about.  They are usually documented in a one liner somewhere.  "Oh, by the way".  Easyeda is no different.  I have used various free, proprietary packages, spent a lot of time on Diptrace, converted to KICAD because the file formats were open.  KICAD is great, but talk about quirky!  I never got Eschema to behave for me.  I really like the Easyeda schematic capture. My prime motive for moving to Easyeda is the integration with JLPCB's component assembly.  I can do SMD assembly, but hate it. JLPCB's prices are a no brainer. In every system I have worked in, custom symbols/footprints are always quirky, as are libraries for same.  I think KICAD is the king of quirk on this point. The link above seems to be one of the secret handshakes--as I said, I am sure it is in the docs somewhere--that is very useful. Thanks, again.  I was about to pitch the whole effort and go back to KICAD
andyfierman 2 years ago
@richardmcclellan, I can't promise my trick works. It used to be that you had to Favorite the part but you can't do that from your own workspace...
@andyfierman OK, just when I thought I was cooking with gas.  Now, none of the footprints (which I see fine in my account library) show up in the footprint manager> ????
@richardmcclellan Found them.  quirks.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice