You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Can't place component footprint without pins
1830 7
lynxlabeling 6 years ago
I am creating a PCB that mates to another board via three headers. I have created a custom footprint of the other board with pins in the correct places for the headers. So far so good. However, I need the three headers to be part of the PCB for assembly and the BOM. I tried creating components with footprints with dummy headers without pins, just an outline. When I place the component in the schematic and update the PCB, the design pane says the footprint is there, but it is nowhere to be found. I suspect EasyEDA does not support components without pins. I thought about changing the mating board's footprint to not have pins, just outlines for the headers, but that would have the same problem. For now, I am placing three regular headers along with the mating board, but of course, DRC shows PadToPad errors for each pin. This situation is obviously not desirable. Is there any other way to do what I need done? I don't want to just place the headers by themselves, because I then have no guarantee against one of them moving slightly and therefore risk not being able to mate with the 2nd board.
Comments
martinbike07 6 years ago
Hello, simply place the header and a rectangle on the PCB screen the same size as the other card.
lynxlabeling 6 years ago
I want to use a custom footprint for the other card to ensure correct placement of these headers. Since a footprint apparently cannot be without pins, I can have either three header footprints or one for the other card. Just using the card footprint does not create the correct BOM. I have decided to modify the BOM by hand as a workaround.
andyfierman 6 years ago
A thought. Have you tried creating a symbol that has a single dummy pin which you mark in the schematic as not connected `X`?
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi You can place your footprint in PCB directly.https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCB.htm#Layout-A-PCB-Without-Schematic when you place it you can add the new parameter to it. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20171228/5a44495c8f7c1.png
andyfierman 6 years ago
Beware that because it will be in the PCB but not the schematic and the schematic is effectively the master document, if you do this it will be deleted the next time you do **Update PCB...** or **Import Changes...**.
lynxlabeling 6 years ago
I think Tutorials has a good idea. If I place it manually in both the PCB and schematic, making sure both have the same RefDes, then forward annotation should work and I should still see the footprint in the PCB. I'll try it out when I get the chance.
andyfierman 6 years ago
It will work fine if you have a schematic symbol that calls up the correct package. But if you do it that way then all you need do is create the package, name it then create a suitable symbol and assign the package to that symbol so when you update the PCB, it will pull in the package.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice