You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Change an arduino board layout
1157 2
jonasforssell 7 years ago
Hello, I have designed a board based around an Arduino Mega shield. The new board is larger than the shield, so I must find a way to remove the outline in the shield template U1. Otherwise, it will leave me with two outlines which is not acceptable. How do I remove the Arduino outline? It seems to be a part of the U1 footprint. Thanks! /Jonas ![Circuit board][1] [1]: /editor/20160713/57854d737c726.png
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi /Jonas, The easiest thing to do is to do a **SHIFT+F** search for the `ARDUINO_MEGA-PRO-3.3V` PCB footprint (package) and the click on the **Edit** button. That will open the footprint in the PCB Libs editor where you can either delete the lines and curved corners of the board outline or move them all onto the top silk layer. ![enter image description here][1] Then give the package a new name (for example `MY_ARDUINO_MEGA-PRO-3.3V`) and save it, with the new name, to `My Parts`. When you do this the new package will automatically become publically available so please add a suitable, clear description of what the footprint is and why it has no outline or is different from the original package. Next, change the package assigned to U1, the `ARDUINO_MEGA`, in your schematic from `ARDUINO_MEGA-PRO-3.3V` to `MY_ARDUINO_MEGA-PRO-3.3V`. Then go to your PCB design and do **Import changes...** That should swap out the old packge with a PCB outline for your new one. [1]: /editor/20160713/57856c39609a2.png
jonasforssell 7 years ago
Fantastic reply. Thank you!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice