You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Color schemes are destructive with no warning!
1741 13
javaguru 7 years ago
**BUG** Concise problem statement: I used the White on Black color scheme last night to give my eyes a rest. It looked like it was just an editor theme. There was no warning that it would overwrite the colors of all of my custom parts. Now I have no way to restore my schematic to the colors it originally had. I've permanently lost that data. Steps to reproduce bug: 1. Open schematic with many parts 2. Select White on Black from the theme colors menu option Results: Color information on all parts is changed with no warning message. If you save the schematic it is permanently lost. Expected results: Editor theme temporarily changes without removing color data **or** a large warning is displayed about overwriting data. Browser: Google Chrome, Windows 7
Comments
dsrkane 6 years ago
+1 on this.
Penoff 6 years ago
+1. Done this mistake once. Never touch this feature again. :)
dillon 6 years ago
@Penoff @Dsrkane This feature just for print. Some one would like to print white and black image But you can undo
markscohen 6 years ago
How do you undo this setting?
Penoff 6 years ago
That was my issue. I couldn't return the original colors. I had to do it manually.
javaguru 6 years ago
Today I found the Version History feature ([explained in the FAQ][1]) which will let you undo this if you revert everything to a previous version. It's better than nothing, but this bug still needs to be fixed. [1]: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/FAQ.htm
support 6 years ago
@Javaguru this is not a bug, the is a design target, some one want to change the schematic to white background and black to print. Next version, we will make this better. If they are not good, before you close or save the file, you can undo . or without save just close the file.
javaguru 6 years ago
@support If you don't call this a bug, call it an issue. This is a real problem that exists in your software. Don't brush it off as "design". Your users won't let you do that.
dillon 6 years ago
@Javaguru thanks, Next version, we will remove that feature or give a warn.
javaguru 6 years ago
Thanks @Dillon.
spongman 6 years ago
why don't you just add a 'default theme' to the list of themes?
javaguru 6 years ago
@Spongman That would not work. Many parts have custom colors saved into the file and no "default" would cover all of them. The issue is that the "theme" actually modifies the part data.
dillon 6 years ago
@Javaguru you are right. EasyEDA is not good for theme, because EasyEDA can use any color to design.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice