You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Combined DIP-8 and SOIC-8 pad layout
1002 5
MikeDB 5 years ago
I'm trying to lay the board out to support both DIP and SOIC ICs as availability tends to be random.  Other PCB packages have this as standard but I can't seem to find one in EasyEDA.  Does anybody have this already made up ? Thanks
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
I don't know of any in the library but they easy enough to make. Clone a DIP (or SOIC) footprint then open the appropriate SIOC (or DIP) footprint for editing and then cut and paste it into the cloned footprint. Connect the pins to each other using the Track tool but don't assign any net names to the tracks. Make sure that the pin numbering of both dip and SOIC match pin for pin (i.e. pin 1of the dip and pin 1 of the SOIC line up and have the same numbers) and don't overlap the SOIC silkscreen on the dip pads. Save it with a unique name and add a description and up to 5 tags. To use it, set the package attribute of the schematic symbol that you want to use it to the name you have just given to it.
MikeDB 5 years ago
Thanks - I ended up just putting down a DIP and SOIC version of the IC on the schematic and bussed them together.  Bit primitive but it does allow me then to centre the SOIC over either the left or right hand side pins of the DIP on an individual basis.
andyfierman 5 years ago
If you then set the **Mounted** attribute in each device in the schematic then you have the "proper" way to do it because the BoM will reflect what is actually being fitted to the PCB
MikeDB 5 years ago
Ah thanks - just what I needed.  Will do
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi On EasyEDA, one schematiclib only can assign one package(PCBlib).
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice