You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Connecting 2 copper layers.
987 6
ujjaldas 4 years ago
My project is an audio amplifier class D, so it requires high current. for that reason, I have created 2 GND Copper area on both layers i.e, top and bottom. after creating the copper area, I want to connect the 2 copper area using vias, but it is showing error. **So, how should I connect the 2 GND Copper areas on my PCB ?**
Comments
deskpro256 4 years ago
What error is it showing? Your project is private so we can't see and try to replicate the error ourselves. Is your audio project super top secret or can you actually show it so we can help you? Are your copper areas nets named the same? GND on top layer and GND on the bottom layer? Via nets also named GND? Are the errors about via diameter or hole size? That would be a Design rule error. Connecting two layers are done with vias, so you have something simple on your hands or a bug. There is this really helpful thing andyfierman is always putting in his posts: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/How-to-ask-for-help-and-get-an-answer-71b17a40d15442349eaecbfae083e46a)
ujjaldas 4 years ago
@deskpro256 reply : First, thanks for your kind reply. My both copper layers are named GND, and I have also tried to connect them with vias. Bit there is a little cross on via, indicating an error. And my project is not secret, so I can share it, bit how?
deskpro256 4 years ago
I opened one of my projects and placed a via. It also gives me an error. You can see what errors you have in left side menu tab > Design Manager > Design Errors The errors are about the Via diameter and Drill diameter, because in the design rules it is set up with different values and the default ones are not within those margins. Either change the design rules or the via parameters. All the following vias will have the same parameters. ![aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/0lxI8atDPvX33mfSFUXJZrX6WRSorsiIknbvsiYd.png) Also note that the Net name for my placed via is empty. So after you place it, it won't connect to anything, because there are no other components that have the same non existing net name. If you add GND in there, it will want to connect the layers. Also, if you don't want to manually place vias, there is a tool for that in the copper area. Select your copper areal layer, and in its attributes tab, on the bottom, there is a button "Place vias" ![bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/2XBDKqD2MDP3p0A8oEOwprE4DxnsKhquKmXX3Yju.png) When pressed it opens a window where you can provide info about the via size and how often they will be placed in an array: ![ccccccccccc.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/TPRPwfoMkroX6Nk7Q2ftNpgGV0qlMXtywaUsCpgx.png) Also, making your projects public or private is simple: Open your projects page> Hover over the project and there will be a "Manage" button, press that, it will take you to a new page: ![dddddd.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/IlYJAX70ipn9oyx2cTv3NBPPbd9C3iFNsOyp2GWS.png) Select "Settings" and there you can set it to private or public. Save the changes and you're done. Hope it helps!
ujjaldas 4 years ago
@deskpro256 reply: Thank you very much for your help. I have given a try and it worked flawlessly. Once again thank you for your kind assistance.
Chris Locke 2 years ago
I realize this is a year old thread... but my question is a piggyback, so its very relevant, I think ;) I have the same problem, except that my two copper areas are on the same layer. But with each other's clearance settings, I obviously cannot overlap them... so how do I connect them?  I tried dropping a third copper area across the two with 0.00 clearance, but that didn't seem to close the gap between them either. this is my very first time designing a pcb, so please pardon my ignorance - I appreciate any advice or solution! Chris
Chris Locke 2 years ago
I think I answered my own question.... I was not showing the ground "wire" connection between the two voltage levels, so it was not on the PCB, and hence I could not "connect" the two.  I added this wire to the schematic, and donzo - one copper area does it! ;)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice