You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Connecting tracks to copper area
1738 14
Pulkit 6 years ago
Hello I am new to pcb designing,so this could totally be an issue of me not finding the right way to do this. I am trying to connect a defined copper area (for power supply) in a inner layer with vias to the component on top layer but i am unable to. I have been trying to connect tracks to via on the layers, naming the copper area same as the net but those has not worked, i am still seeing the ratlines even though i feel i connected it. Pulkit
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
Some questions: Have you given the track, via and copper area exactly the same net name? What happens when you make the copper area visible and rebuild it? What do your Gerbers show?
andyfierman 6 years ago
Just tested this on a simple PCB. Works OK for me in Firefox 57.0.4 as long as the track, via and copper area are given exactly the same net name. ![enter image description here][1] :) [1]: /editor/20180123/5a662a22cf68a.png
Pulkit 6 years ago
@andyfierman Hey, thanks for reply. Yes my net name is same on track, via and copper area. On the copper area I am able to see the via connected to the desired layer but ratlines are not disappearing giving me an impression of incomplete layout. Could it be a problem of me using google chrome (using Latest Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)). As I see on your simple pcb it is working fine, for me too in such cases but my case is different in a few aspects. Let me try and explain my trouble again (sorry for the unintelligent question earlier) The image 1 shows the via in my pcb i am having trouble with, its net is +VSAM. on the either side of the said via there are two copper areas (Layer - Inner 2 in green colour), the +VSAM copper area is on the right which i wish to connect to the via (both highlighted). ![Layer top, inner2 visible][1] As you can see in the following image of only the Inner-2 layer, I tried to simply connect the copper area with the via trough a track which should effectively resolve both the ratlines attached to +VSAM but it does not. let me know how to do this because moving the via shall be difficult as the bottom layer is very busy in the vicinity of the +VSAM via. ![only Inner 2 layer visible][2] [1]: /editor/20180123/5a66ecc3826ef.PNG [2]: /editor/20180123/5a66f1f82e55a.PNG
Tutorials 6 years ago
@Pulkit Hi Please send your PCB as EasyEDA source to support@easyead.com I will have a look , thank you https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/Export.htm#Exporting-EasyEDA-Source
Pulkit 6 years ago
@andyfierman I have send the PCB as EASYEDA source file. Please keep it under strict Non Disclosure Agreement, its a projet i am trying to do for my company on your portal. Thank you for understanding. Pulkit
andyfierman 6 years ago
@Pulkit, Have you checked the Design Manager for any clues? ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20180123/5a671d74bcc87.png
Tutorials 6 years ago
Which email have you sent? support@easyeda.com haven't received yet.
Tutorials 6 years ago
And please notice, the editor doesn't support inner copper area or copper edge overlap now, you have to separate them. for example: ![enter image description here][1] left side is NG, right side is good. https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCB.htm#Copper-Area [1]: /editor/20180123/5a67247f4fe0e.png
Pulkit 6 years ago
I have regularly referred to design management as it conveniently highlights a net alone on pcb, on selecting the aforementioned +VSAM net, it shows the net on pcb as a set of +VSAM copper area, few connected terminals on components and the ratlines. My understanding is that as long as i see ratlines the connection are not complete. As the ratlines are showing i am inclined to believe that connection is not made. See in image the via V1 should be connected to the via V2 throught the copper area(green) under via V2. ![+VSAM Net highlighted][1] [1]: /editor/20180123/5a67294ceab22.PNG
andyfierman 6 years ago
`As the ratlines are showing i am inclined to believe that connection is not made.` Two questions: 1. Do the ratline still show if you save the file, close and then reopen it? 2. Do the Gerbers show that the tracks/pads/planes are connected?
Pulkit 6 years ago
Hi, I have sent a mail (sub - **Connecting tracks to copper area - thread**) from **maximuspulkit@gmail.com** with **PCB_02.json** attachment that i downloaded as given in tutorial. I have designed the copper area such that it satisfied the conditions you mentioned (non intersecting and no copper area inside a copper area on same layer). This should not be a issue. Replies to your ratline questions - 1. They still show after i save>close>reopen easyeda. 2. I just now tried doing a gerber, it seems like it is connected in gerber as seen in the image ![Gerber view of caopper area layer][1] [1]: /editor/20180123/5a6731028c4ee.PNG
Pulkit 6 years ago
@andyfierman Hey I think it wont work with copper area connected to a via (outside the copper area) through a track, on the same layer i had to connect the via (outside copper area) to the via (inside copper area) through a track within the same layer. The image should make it clear. The highlighted track is in the same layer as the copper area. ![Layer- only Inner-2 visible][1] [1]: /editor/20180124/5a68627c9bf10.PNG
andyfierman 6 years ago
@Pulkit, Well spotted! You are correct. It is not obvious but as at EasyEDA Version 5.1.3, the ratline will only be removed if: The length of track you draw on the same layer as a copper area to join a via or pad outside that copper area to that copper area is terminated at a pad or via within that copper area. If the length of track you draw on the same layer as a copper area to join a via or pad outside that copper area to that copper area is terminated within that copper layer but not at a pad or via within that copper area then the ratline will not be removed. In either case, however, the net will highlight correctly, will show as a connected net in the Design Manager and the Gerber files will be generated correctly. I have modified my demonstration project to illustrate this: ![enter image description here][1] ![enter image description here][2] This is a zoomed in view of the area: ![enter image description here][3] This is with the GND net highlighted: ![enter image description here][4] Note the ratline. This is the same area when the track ends at the GND via in the copper area: ![enter image description here][5] * Note that the ratline has gone. [1]: /editor/20180124/5a6881eb7b543.png [2]: /editor/20180124/5a68821a08277.png [3]: /editor/20180124/5a6877b578da3.png [4]: /editor/20180124/5a6877e551b1b.png [5]: /editor/20180124/5a68783654523.png
Pulkit 6 years ago
@andyfierman Thanks for the discussion here. I was able to complete my pcb this way. I will be back if i get stuck again. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice