You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Convert any line to copper area or solid region
2929 8
Pippos 6 years ago
It would be nice to have a way to convert an import DXF file and then convert that shape to solid region or copper area. Then you will use that converted shape as usually do with copper area or solid region. Currently if you need fine dimensions or a custom shape i.e. arcs (round corners) it's not easy to do it with the given tool of dragging dots around manually. Im working on a custom shape PCB and I find it very hard to manually create NPTH type with Solid regions for cutting out pieces inside a PCB. ![Solid Region][1] [1]: /editor/20180203/5a757411d0f4e.png
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
You can import a DXF or image and then change the layer to one of the copper layers. Please see this post: https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/import_a_picture-fTNHZhzR8
Pippos 6 years ago
How this applies to the copper area or solid region tools properties? I don't think you understand my question. Importing a DXF and changing the layer to top or bottom when importing it doesn't allow me to convert it to a copper area or solid region. Converting a DXF to copper area tool is what Im after and I think most of designers would. Also the Solid region tool which is way to difficult to use with precision and difficult shapes like I have describe above can use this feature conversion tool too.
tgb.porter 5 years ago
+1 for this. Since we can't import DXF to use as cutouts inside boards it looks as if my journey with easyEDA might be over before it's properly begun.
digitalradiohacker 5 years ago
+1 for this. It is doable for simple shapes (square / rectangle / triangle), but slow. Just adding the ability to edit coordinates for a solid region would be enough.
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
I really don't get it. Why is it not possible to switch types like TRACK, SOLIDREGION, COPPERAREA whenever u want via GUI? You can do this via "File" -> "EasyEDA File source". You can manually replace the TRACK created by the DXF with SOLIDREGION: `"TRACK~1.181~1~~25.7065 372.1941 19.1789 372.1941 19.1789 377.511 25.7065 377.511 25.7065 372.1941~gge385~0"` to `"SOLIDREGION~1~~25.7065 372.1941 19.1789 372.1941 19.1789 377.511 25.7065 377.511 25.7065 372.1941~cutout~gge385~0"` It's a PITA, but it works... See [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/DocumentFormat/3-EasyEDA-PCB-File-Format/index.html](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/DocumentFormat/3-EasyEDA-PCB-File-Format/index.html#TRACK) for the format
andyfierman 3 years ago
@andreasbernhofer, Hi, you are posting into to a 2 year old topic. If the images below of the rightclick menu and the options this then allows do not answer your question, please clarify and post your question as a new Feature Request topic. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/1bi4NO91tXb2eTQGr3WZcKUBtAXHinXi4hMtnpty.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/9bYYCgGmuGYmrJykRqTyNHbVvKStIkTFPKfSKMis.png)
Converting to Board Cutout and then to solid region only works for one shape at a time. There is no way I would do that on imported text etc. Here is a script I've hacked together. It converts all selected tracks (from DXF import) to solid regions: `// convert selected TRACKS (e.g. DXF import) to SOLIDREGION var shapes = api('getSelectedIds').split(',').map(v => v.replace(/fake-[0-9]+/,'')).filter((v, i, a) => a.indexOf(v) === i); var sc = api('getSource', {type: "txt"}); shapes.forEach(id => {` `  const regexp = new RegExp(`"TRACK~([^~"]*)~([^~"]*)~([^~"]*)~([^~"]*)~(\\b${id}\\b)~([^~"]*)"`);` `  sc = sc.replace(regexp,'"SOLIDREGION~$2~$3~$4~cutout~$5~$6"');` `}); api('applySource', {source: sc, type: "txt", createNew: false});` It's a shame that the API (like "createShape") is not documented at all... But regex always saves the day!
Formatting messed up :( trying once again: ``` //convert selected TRACKS (e.g. DXF import) to SOLIDREGION var shapes = api('getSelectedIds').split(',').map(v => v.replace(/fake-[0-9]+/,'')).filter((v, i, a) => a.indexOf(v) === i); var sc = api('getSource', {type: "txt"}); shapes.forEach(id => { const regexp = new RegExp(`"TRACK~([^~"]*)~([^~"]*)~([^~"]*)~([^~"]*)~(\\b${id}\\b)~([^~"]*)"`); sc = sc.replace(regexp,'"SOLIDREGION~$2~$3~$4~cutout~$5~$6"'); }); api('applySource', {source: sc, type: "txt", createNew: false});``` ```
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice