You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Copper area won't fill.
633 4
Corey Barnes 4 years ago
I'm very new to EasyEDA and PCB design in general, in fact, this is my first time. So I am sorry if this is a stupid question but I am pulling my hair out over it. The goal of this PCB is to take the 3.3v data signals outputted from a NodeMCU, route them through two Logic Level Converters and pass the new 5v signal to some screw terminals (P7 and P5). I have all of the tracks drawn, there are no DRC errors, but I can't get the top and bottom copper areas to draw. I didn't start with a schematic, I just went straight to laying out the PCB. Attached is a screenshot showing my layout, the copper areas defined, but no copper areas drawn. Is it because I am not using a copper area as a GND plane? Thank you to anybody that takes the time to read this and offer any advice.![EasyEDA.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/RLuyEsUE1tH0PPJgTJtR7AU7cDdIOEuKistbKPXQ.jpeg)
Comments
Corey Barnes 4 years ago
I figured it out. For anyone who may have the same problem: I removed the ground wires and used the GND net to tie them all to ground. So the top copper layer is now all ground with tracks drawn through it.
janrichardbecke 4 years ago
Thank you for this info, but how did you delete the GND wires in one operation?
Corey Barnes 4 years ago
@janrichardbecke I CTRL+Clicked them all to select all of them then hit delete.
Corey Barnes 4 years ago
@janrichardbecke And then I did the same thing to select all of the ground pads and changed the net to GND. I drew a copper area and also made it a GND net. My newest design, which is just like this one but smaller and the hole spacing actually correct, has both of the copper layers as GND nets, then I used some vias to stitch them together. I also made sure not to draw any traces under the antenna, and I didn't have any copper poured under where the antenna is going to be.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice