You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Create a "Hobbyist" paid option
746 5
MikeDB 5 years ago
It's good you are keeping the free option but I think the next step up (Professional) is a little pricey for hobbyist users who may still wish to contribute to improving EasyEDA.  Why not have a Wikipedia style Donate scheme where the user just pays what they think is a fair price for their use of the tool ? Doesn't need any actual extra facilities over the free option.
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
It could be clearer but your suggestion is already there in the answer to Q3 under Common problems: ### Q3.   EasyEDA tools are quite expensive to build, how can you supply the core features for free? Yes, it has taken more than 8 years to build EasyEDA to this point and we will continue developing it. We will be unique, making money from our services such as Part orders, PCB orders, PCB assembly, advertising and special project reviews **but even so, we always appreciate it if you would like to make a donation or change to our professional plan :)** It might be a good idea to change the wording of: "Although the great core features of EasyEDA will always be free, by choosing to pay a monthly subscription of a few dollars you can help us build an even better PCB design tool." to: "Although the great core features of EasyEDA will always be free, by choosing to pay a monthly subscription **or even just making a donation** of a few dollars you can help us build an even better PCB design tool."
MikeDB 5 years ago
Well the fact I've totally missed the donation page shows it's not well advertised :-) Where is it and I'll put something in ?
MikeDB 5 years ago
Oh and I hope you accept PayPal please - I don't like handing over credit card numbers everywhere.
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi Thank you for your support. You can use the Free version and help us to report the incorrect system libraries, the "help verify" system will up line few weeks soon. :)
MikeDB 5 years ago
The first ones that need fixing are the IRF630/640/830 in the EELib transistor library.  These are using the standard TO-220 footprint but if you are using these transistors you probably have hundreds of volts around.  If not you should be using the more rugged IRF540 or something like that.  Professional designers will know to increase the DRC limits at which point it will fail DRC and they will trim the pads, but hobbyists may not know to do this.  It would thus be safer if the pads were trimmed as per my footprint TO-220(TO-220-3)_HV which is a modified version of the standard. There was also a power device with a 10mil offset on the pins but I can't find it now.  Doesn't affect the PCB as such but when you find the device doesn't line up with the hole in your metalwork it's quite frustrating.  I'll look again for it.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice