You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
DO THE OUTLINES IN THE KEEP-OUT AREAS IN PCB EDITOR SHOW ON THE PCB DELIVERED?
1287 4
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
Topic title says it all. See attached pic from the tutorial. Same lines show on my PCB layout.![KEEP OUT AREA OUTLINE PICTURE.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Yxxo0yby16ZZcnXNHsSSEL1k3MocVNZvC163BuyV.jpeg) DO THE OUTLINES IN THE KEEP-OUT AREAS IN PCB EDITOR SHOW ON THE PCB DELIVERED?
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
They shouldn't. If you check the Gerbers, you'll see just the cutout, not the inner border line.
LISA_DALTON 6 years ago
@andyfierman Hi again Andy! I have been running into one error after another trying to get this P.S. board out. After you answered my 1 question Re: outlines from keep-out areas, I was tempted to ask a couple more questions, but realized;  A) I did not want to say I didn't try to figure it out on my own, and;  B) You have to sleep sometime! : ) Plus I see some of the pleas from others asking for some-one to design their circuits for them. Frankly, I don't know how you remain so diplomatic. And I don't want to be one of the many who don't work to find the answer before I go asking for help. Any way, I did want to say how extremely useful the video examples have been. In just a few seconds I can completely understand the proper ways to use vias, (on this software), as I was having fits trying to figure out why my nets weren't connecting, then for the first time, I used a Gerber preview and found the issue. I then found the video on using vias and problem solved. The video on using keep-out areas was just a few seconds again to learn that. No-one in this company is a dedicated layout person. And with the consulting work we also do, that is why I have taken so long to get a large enough block of time to spend on finishing this project. Bottom line, I wanted to thank you for all your help. I have been telling Craig (the owner of the Company), how much I like working with your company and suggested EDA be our default for all our PCB work. He has agreed. Thanks again, and Regards, -Lisa Dalton. C-Squared Engineering
andyfierman 6 years ago
Lisa, Many thanks for your very kind comments. Your recommendation to Craig (and his agreement!) is a really great endorsement for EasyEDA and we all look forward to supporting you as you finish this and in your future projects. I should explain though that I can't take credit for the videos: they've all been done by the EasyEDA Team in China. I act as part of the wider team in supporting the forums, providing simulation support, spice models, spice and special symbols and PCB packages. The real credit goes to Dillon and Eric's EasyEDA team as the creators of this wonderful tool and to the people at LCSC and JLCPCB for supporting it's development.
Tutorials 6 years ago
Hi Lisa Do you mean you want a Keep-out layer like Altium designer's keep-out layer? Yes, we will support this in the future, it was added on to do list. thank you.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice