You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
DRC error and I can't determine why
5269 26
Jleith 8 years ago
I have a very simple PCB design and went directly to a PCB and didn't need a schematic. I have been trying for 5 hrs and I get to the very end after deleting traces and I still can't figure out why a Pin is saying it has a DRC error. I'm not sure how to add a picture to this post. John
Comments
andyfierman 8 years ago
Hi Jleith, You can use CTRL-C (copy) and CTRL-V (paste) to paste an image into your forum post (see the little image icon in the forum post editor bar). If you are using Chrome then you can just drag and drop an image into the body of your post. For more help, please make your PCB public. Please see the EasyEDA Tutorial on how to do this. :)
Jleith 8 years ago
Hi Andy I believe I have made it public. Andy do you know a way to print off the tutorial page so I can make a binder. Sometimes it is easier to see the print. Also Andy do you know how to print my design just so I can double check my placement of the part. I see I can export it but I would like just a full image like I see on the screen. I think my PCB is a little small but I can't see a way to print it. Andy on the 'Red" outline is this a "Board Edge" I did a project from Schematic and it allowed me to make a "Board Outline" but this time I went directly to PCB. I really like the Easy,EDA program and the price to make the PCB. I'm still waiting for my 1st PCB to arrive. Thank you for your help. John
Jleith 8 years ago
The DRC error - Mystery Thank you Andy the drag and drop worked. John ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20150902/55e5ea29d61a8.jpg
example 8 years ago
Hi John, We can see your PCB now, thanks. I'll have to fire up the laptop to answer your questions about printing but to answer the question about the board outline: there is a dedicated layer for the board outline (same colour as the automatically generated outline when coming from a schematic). The red dashed outline on your PCB is the shape of a copper area, not a board outline. If you need a copper area then select the dashed outline and assign it a net (such as Gnd), then click on **Redraw copper**. When you click back to the PCB canvas, select copper fill as ** Visible** to see it. If not, delete the dashed line. You will need to draw a board outline anyway. Can you post a screenshot of your DRC error message? If you are using Chrome, try printing the main sections of the Tutorial as a PDF. Then you can look at the PDFs onscreen to check for readability before printing to paper. You may be able to do the same thing in Firefox and other browsers, I'm not sure. More later. :)
andyfierman 8 years ago
OK, Using the Design Manager option (on the **Design Manager/Properties** selection button) at the top of the right hand Properties panel, I've found 2 DRC problems: DB9 pin 6 and DB9 pin 2 are both too close to tracks. DB9 pin 6 is not obvious but if you delete the track to pin 6 from the nearest via and turn off displaying the **All layers** layer, you'll see there are 3 tiny blobs of copper in the centre of pin 6. One on the top layer and two one the bottom layer. If you delete these blobs and redraw the track from the via to pin 6 then the error will clear. ![DB9 pin 6 too close to track][1] DB9 pin 2 is obvious: there's track too close to the pad around pin 2. Move it a bit further away and the error will clear. ![DB9 pin 2 too close to track][2] One other point: It's usually better practice to put text into the silk screen layers rather than in copper layers. It's OK in simple designs like yours but in busier layouts, the text copper wastes routing space. Even in your layout, the **GND** text will not be readable since it merges with the copper of the track. [1]: /editor/20150902/55e613e54fda4.png [2]: /editor/20150902/55e6143946d2f.png
andyfierman 8 years ago
As for printing sections of the Tutorial, open the section you want, for instance the section on PCB Design Editor: >https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCB.htm#PCBDesignEditor then, in Chrome, do: >Right click > Print... and you will see a preview. You can then save it as a PDF to and then print it or just print it directly. You can do the same in Firefox but you have to go to Settings > Print to get to the preview and there may be a couple more steps in the process to print to a PDF file. :)
Jleith 8 years ago
Hi Andy The ghost must be in my program I can see the DRC error and I thought I would find another route for DB9-2 and DB96 so I don't go thru the pins. Now I can draw a trace. I select the trace tool it gives me the cross hair. And nothing ????? I even signed off and closed the web page and still it is locked ? John ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20150902/55e630240e73d.jpg
dillon 8 years ago
Hi, Just check your design, You created the PCB without schematic, so DRC is not import for you. because without schematic is hard to find the DRC error , you need check the PCB by your eyes. When I move the DB9, found out two tracks with net `S$506` , and your DB9-6's net is `S$598`, so there are DRC errors. I can't find the bad `cross hair`, Can you tell us which browse is and try to save your design and close the BS open it again? ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20150902/55e637e7c0eb3.png
Jleith 8 years ago
Hi dillon Thank you I will try and close everything and even restart my PC. I'm using google chrome. I have been able to work in the project just don't know why it stopped to traces. Once I find the ghost I will post. Great help. Thank you
Jleith 8 years ago
Update Well I have broken my project...... Thank you Dillion I found 3 of those nasty traces under the DB9. Now I'm at a lost I can even add Text to my PCB. I closed everything and restarted my PC.... Maybe I need to rebuild the PCB and this time start with a Schematic. Thoughts... It was working yesterday. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20150902/55e6545af21fa.jpg John
andyfierman 8 years ago
John, After I corrected the two mistakes I pointed out last night, I had a PCB that had no errors. That PCB would be OK to have made. To do this, I cloned your project. Would you like me to share my corrected version with you so that you can clone it? Or I can email you the corrected EasyEDA Source file below so you can copy and paste it into a new PCB layout. (I can't paste it here as it is too long.) Either way, that should be it: the PCB should be good to go to manufacture. Please check it carefully and also download and check the Gerber files too before placing your order. :)
Jleith 8 years ago
Hi Andy Yes I would like to get the old one back. I have tried to do it via a schematic and I can't find the correct PCB mounter DB9F. The DB9F I have is one with 4 pins 6 - 9 facing the front and 1 - 5 inward to the board if that makes sense. All the images are 5 front and 4 back. The old PCB build as a stand alone PCB with no Schematic is the one you have. I was so frustrated I deleted it. Do you know why I was not able to add traces ?? How do I clone it back ? I wish I could add an option to my account to send me a email when you leave me a message so I can jump in and see it sooner. John
andyfierman 8 years ago
> add an option to my account to send me a email when you leave me a > message so I can jump in and see it sooner.
andyfierman 8 years ago
> add an option to my account to send me a email when you leave me a > message so I can jump in and see it sooner. That's a good idea. Could you please post this as a Feature Request so it is formally caaptured?
andyfierman 8 years ago
John, * There are three ways I can give you your old layout back. 1. I can simply make it public and then you can **Fork** it or **Open in Editor** and save it to your own Project; 2. I can **Share** it with you then you can **Clone** it to your own project: > https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/share.htm#Sharing 3. I can email you the EasyEDA Source file. Both (2) and (3) require that I know your email address. To avoid sending this publically via the forum, if you email support: > https://easyeda.com/contact and ask for me to share or email your EasyEDA Source file then I can do that. * Do you know why I was not able to add traces ?? It is possible that the EasyEDA Source file has got corrupted but without seeing the layout you are having trouble with it is very hard to guess what might be wrong. Have you tried opening a new project and starting again from scratch? Does that work OK? Can you share or make an example of this public or maybe send the EasyEDA Source file for the layout you are having a problme with to support when you contact them and ask it to be forwarded to me so I can try to reproduce the problem?
andyfierman 8 years ago
Sorry, That last option (1) should show (3) but Markdown meesed up my list. :)
Jleith 8 years ago
Not a problem I was able to follow you thoughts. I was able to get the Tutorial downloaded and printed I pick it up on Friday. I think it will be easier to follow. John
example 8 years ago
> Not a problem I was able to follow you thoughts. Despite all my speeling mistales.... Looks like you've got the PCB sorted and got the D type pinout fixed so you don't need my copy but I'll keep it a bit longer till you get your PCBs back. :)
Jleith 8 years ago
Hi Andy Thank you I hope it won't take to long for the PCB I will post when it arrives. Thank you again for your endless help. I just received the printing I did for the help tutorials. Bond and clear to read. John
lieumychuong 7 years ago
Hi guys, I'm having some DRC error but I just can't understand why. I attached the image.It's track2pad error but I'm pretty sure the distance between the via and the nearest tracks are 70 mils which is larger than the DRC setting of 12. Could you guys help? Thank you!!! Jeff ![My DRC Error screenshot][1] [1]: /editor/20160503/572892e7575b4.png
support 7 years ago
Hi Lieumychuong, In this case, there is only one possible, is there any hide item under the Via? Or you can share your design to support@easyeda.com to ask for help.https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/share.htm#Access-Control
support 7 years ago
@Lieumychuong
lieumychuong 7 years ago
Hi, You're right. There's a track in the inner layer. I don't know why it's there. Probably the auto router laid the track when I briefly turned it on. Thank you very much. Cheers!
technogeezer2000 5 years ago
First a little background, I am a 71 year old retired practical engineer from the petroleum industry. I built my first transistor radio at age 10. While working at a refinery back in the 1970's to the 1990's I built about a dozen PCB projects using a tailored version of Autocad 9. I have built several projects in the last eight years using EasyPCB. I too like the ease of using this EDA program but the DRC error business is driving me crazy. Can Insubmit a file for production ignoring the DRC errors. I have looked at my design several times and frankly, I do not find any serious errors. My file is public, the link to it is:      [https://easyeda.com/editor#id=e4d0e655edcd414d811067a13e7881d1](https://easyeda.com/editor#id=e4d0e655edcd414d811067a13e7881d1) Any comments would be appreciated.    Godfrey
technogeezer2000 5 years ago
Just a little side note to my first post, after drawing my complete PC board on my first try and then getting a host of DRC errors I began to edit my design to try to clear all the DRC errors. After clearing all the DRC errors ( I thought I had cleared them all ) I did a re-compile ( DRC check ) and lo and lo and behold, half of the old errors had returned and half a dozen new ones had emerged. Frustrated, I decided to just draw the input conditioning circuitry in the upper left quadrant of my design.  After a DRC check, Hooray! I had a complete PC board ready for quote with no DRC errors. Encouraged by this success, I built out the amplifier and pulse indicator circuitry in the upper right quadrant of the PCB (this PCB will br used on three or four different trailer mounted cryogenic plants to supply nitrogen blanket gas for oil field tankage and, they are using different pumps with different pulse pickups for detecting pump rotation speed. So I built a pulse indicator into the board so the installer could adjust the input amplifier for proper operation,) The irritating thing is, after adding the new circuitry, the DRC errors returned. New errors now showed up in the previously checked upper left quadrant. Why? I had not changed anything in that area?  Can anyone explain this? Remember, all Lawyers and Physicians are practicing to be better at their jobs. All software is always under developement.
UserSupport 5 years ago
@technogeezer2000 [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/PCB/Design-Rule-Check/index.html](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/PCB/Design-Rule-Check/index.html) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/7LVpAasM46WMoG2Qbk9bY3c1hl9KsAyMTxsv4p8t.png)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice