You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
DXF rounded pentagons import as circles.
929 9
mrtom528 3 years ago
This has me mystified...as the title says, importing a rounded pentagon drawn in Adobe Illustrator imports as a circle in EasyEDA... Without rounding the corners, 3, 4 and 5 sided paths import just fine... ![EASYEDA-IMAGES-01.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/27JJmRzXlUVvdPZUvqbxMvWFbG77CTE88jiwDZbZ.jpeg) Rounding the corners on just the 3 and 4 sided paths also imports just fine... ![EASYEDA-IMAGES-02.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/n96k9zcRLrGef9n0K2tNeZOkS7fGbQlS316Ada1T.jpeg) Rounding the pentagon fails to import correctly, EasyEDA turns it into a circle... ![EASYEDA-IMAGES-03.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/2SaY29tb8eaWtszfddEsuzRbUdokTCsLpeFJLED5.jpeg) Rounded hexagons are OK too... ![EASYEDA-IMAGES-04.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/W4cJVY9xg6f0Zzcou8rW0MRsU2FQFLWzSDYI4yn2.jpeg) So what does EasyEDA have against pentagons? More importantly, how do I get EasyEDA to like pentagons and not change them into circles? The DXF file used can be found [HERE](http://www.mediafire.com/file/1mpxjhmjmf4938v/3_4_5_6_SIDED.ai/file)<br> <br> Many thanks. Regards.
Comments
mrtom528 3 years ago
UPDATE: After more testing I have discovered that it is not just 5 sided poplygons that do not import correctly but any polygon with rounded corners, but, the radius of those corners influences whether or not it imports as rounded, or as a circle. The limit for 3 and 4 sided polygons is a 17mm radius, anything above that and it imports as a circle. 6 sided polygons have a limit of 13mm. 5 sided polygons are limited to just a 2mm radius before EASYEDA deems them as circular. ![I_DUNNO.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/eCb73i0wCrJ9x0YluJ15A605nO0bRZyaLfSZnOrr.jpeg) I have opened the dxf file using non-Adobe software and also with free online dxf viewers which all showed the file to be correct, so it's probably safe to assume it's not a problem with exporting the dxf file from Illustrator. Is this a known problem with EASYEDA that I have overlooked? Thank-you. Regards.
MrToM 3 years ago
I was rather hoping that the last update to 6.4.17 would fix this but alas, it did not. _ ![Untitled-1.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/0gNAQQQqShcKt2JAfyNpPhDZmbfH3OqCJQClJKeq.jpeg) _ Regards.
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
You should change the category of the topic to "bug reports"
MrToM 3 years ago
@andreasbernhofer, I did wonder about that so....tiz done! Thank-you. _ Regards.
MrToM 3 years ago
Still not fixed in 6.4.19.3 _ Regards.
MrToM 3 years ago
Still not fixed in 6.4.19.4 _ Regards.
UserSupport 3 years ago
Hi please send your DXF to [support@easyeda.com](mailto:support@easyeda.com) thanks
MrToM 3 years ago
@UserSupport, Thank-you. _ File sent via e-mail. _ Regards.
MrToM 3 years ago
Sadly, still not fixed in 6.4.19.5 _ Regards
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice