You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Different pad to copper area connection for a specifics pads
815 5
rom1nux 5 years ago
Hello, Context : I want to put my enclosure to GND without wire, so I want my ground plan got two fine tape without varnish on opposite edge of both side of my PCB. This tape are going to make contact to the enclosure slide. To do this I create four big rectangular pads without hole in place of tape. I use a "radius connection" type on copper area parameters for all of my standard pad (it's easier for soldering) but EasyEDA do a radius connection on my rectangular tape pad too and a gap appear between tape and ground plan (It's connected but not completely, like a radius connection on small rectangular pad). To remove the gap, I trace GND track  over the gap and all is OK, but it's tedious. Feature: I think it's a good thing to be able to consider existing "copper area connection type" as the default beavious of all pads, but also get a parameter on each pad to select specific connection type like [default, radius, direct], the default, use the copper area connection type parameter. A creation time, all pad are set to "connection type=default" to mimic the current behavior. But if I want I can choose "direct" for my for rectangular tape pad to get a continous and proper link to ground plan. Hope this is understandable, sorry for my bad English Have nice day
Comments
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi Can you provide any images to indicate this feature? Thanks
rom1nux 5 years ago
Hello, The following is an example : *  want to put my PCB in this kind of enclosure, with "slider" and want to get a good quick grounding ![1457-clear-open.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/uXhSZIfRXi42HGzdkmIDb62AOd2lrDvUa8RI69Tn.jpeg) * So I add big pad on the edge ![Image3.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/wM06zrprEfpf6a9aGEpumpf17irbrXUbUPcRrlfH.png) * As you see, the pad contact is not very good, there is a gap I want a plain connection ![photo_view.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/WO8kdGG3knHxE82wYo7XjLy7LY4nswh34kEzpEGl.png) * I want to keep my radius connection for the legacy pad (in green) for easy soldering, and got a direct connection for my big pad (in red) ![Image2.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/hvXOmJS5PkBh2I7GOWNRDNWj39X61AnvAjexWhJ2.png) * For a workaround I create a GND track in the gap ![Image4.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/fnr6C19ai1p9vcMmKq6f0hYnZ0oppzYgxqDSLOcP.png) * And It seem to work ![Image6.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/vw0uEzUFrT6yT6MpDfKBqWkDA6VxmwbZEfjZKD02.png) I wonder if it's easy to add "Connection type" for each pad with {'Default', 'Direct', 'Radius'}, the "Default" use the parameter set on the copper area setting but you can set "Direct" or "Radius" for specific pad. Hope this is understandable
rom1nux 5 years ago
@UserSupport I'm going to send a PCB in production with this "enclosure grounding method" for the first time in few hour, hope I dont have problem with gerber and the workaround track....
andyfierman 5 years ago
Recommend that you generate, download and check the Gerbers using gerbv: [https://sourceforge.net/projects/gerbv/files/gerbv/gerbv-beta/](https://sourceforge.net/projects/gerbv/files/gerbv/gerbv-beta/)
rom1nux 5 years ago
@andyfierman, Hello Andy, yes all is good, nice simple software ! Thanks for this recommandation
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice