You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Disable Snap to other objects/layers so that the grid takes precedence
2211 12
bungo 7 years ago
**Feature Request** Ability to turn off snap to hidden objects/layers, or disable snapping to tracks/objects on a different layer that aren't connected to the current layer (ie it's not an all layers thing). Having to fight the other layers to get track point/object to snap to the grid is a pain. Regards Braedon King Townsville, Australia
Comments
andyfierman 7 years ago
If you turn off the visibility of the layers that you are not working on then they are no longer selectable. https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCB.htm#Layers-Tool In other words only objects in visible layers can be selected and edited. Tracks and other objects on invisible layers are unchanged. Does that not do what you require?
bungo 7 years ago
If I turn off a layer, the snap for another layer still tries to align with the invisible tracks in the layer that was turned off.
andyfierman 7 years ago
I don't see this behaviour in Chrome or Firefox. Here is a section of a 2 layer PCB, with top and bottom layers visible but the bottom layer active: ![enter image description here][1] With both layers visible, if in Track (routing) mode as the red crosshair is moved around, a white dot appears only as the cursor crosses a track on the active bottom layer: ![enter image description here][2] ![enter image description here][3] If the top layer visibility is turned off and routing is attempted on the active bottom layer, tracks can be routed and snapped only to the bottom layer traces: ![enter image description here][4] Tracks on the bottom layer will not snap to any area occupied by tracks on the invisible top layer unless there is a bottom layer track in the same area: ![enter image description here][5] ![enter image description here][6] Presumably, this is not the behaviour that you are experiencing? [1]: /editor/20160619/57659e331c2d0.png [2]: /editor/20160619/57659eee08b1a.png [3]: /editor/20160619/57659fd002495.png [4]: /editor/20160619/5765a06d38737.png [5]: /editor/20160619/5765a1323c104.png [6]: /editor/20160619/5765a3cb9a813.png
dillon 7 years ago
Yes, Please use images to show the problems, I can't understand the question clear.
bungo 7 years ago
This is the desired behaviour, yes. I use both chrome and firefox, and the behaviour is the same. It's hard to show a snap to and invisible object in a screenshot, but I'll give it a try...
andyfierman 7 years ago
@Bungo, So the sequence of screenshots I have posted and described is: 1) the behaviour that you would expect; but 2) *not* the behaviour that you actually experience. Is that correct? If so, please post a sequence of screenshots of you PCB layout like those I have posted: * showing both layers with the top area inactive and the bottom layer active and showing areas where tracks cross on top and bottom layers and illustrating the routing cursor behaviour as you place it over a track on the inactive top or active bottom layer; * and when you try to route a track on a bottom layer to overlap a track on the inactive top layer; * with the top area inactive and invisible and the bottom layer active and visible illustrating the routing cursor behaviour as you place it over a track on the inactive top or active bottom layer; * and when you try to route a track on a bottom layer to overlap a track on the inactive top layer; In other words essentially the same set of screen shots as the one's I posted but for your own PCB. * One question: how many layers is your PC? Thanks.
bungo 7 years ago
2 layers, and I will get screenshots tomorrow. I just tried replicating my issue at home and it doesn't do it. I use Win10 and the most up-to-date Chrome here and it didn't misbehave. I do most of my work on another machine that is Win8.1 and an old version of Chrome (that I can't update due corporate policies). I'll check it out there as that is where I noticed it most and posted the request from. cheers Braedon
bungo 7 years ago
Disregard my previous on versions of Chrome and Windows. To reproduce: - Draw some parallel diagonal tracks on the top layer. - Draw a track on the bottom layer that crosses over those tracks. - Set the top layer active. - Hide the top layer. - Grab an end point on the bottom layer track and move it over the area where the hidden top layer tracks are. (It should still try to snap to the top layer tracks that are now invisible.) - Make the bottom layer the active layer. (Behaviour should now be as expected (ie. not snapping to the hidden layer)). Sometimes you just want to grab something and move it without having to make be concerned with what is the active layer I guess (from an ease of use/workflow perspective). cheers Braedon
andyfierman 7 years ago
Maybe we should change making a layer invisible from `Make the layer invisible` to: `Make the layer invisible AND make it inactive` What I am not sure about is if there is eve a case where you may want a layer to be invisible layer AND for it to still be active.
bungo 7 years ago
I hadn't realised the inactive bit until last night, sorry. For ease of use and simplicity you might want to have a layer invisible and made inactive when you make it invisible. I get caught out a fair bit with trying to draw on an invisible layer because it is active. While the 2 are controlled separately you are always going to have times where you have an active invisible layer even if only by pure chance. There may be times when you want an active invisble layer, but I can't think of any in my usage of this tool, others may have a good reason. It would be nice if it disabled or transfered the active status to another layer when made invisible. You can still place tracks on an active invisible layer, they just don't show until you make the layer visible. That usually means (in my case) changing the layer of what you drew to the desired layer or deleting it and doing what you intended to do on the correct layer. cheers Braedon
dillon 7 years ago
If this is a high density PCB, EasyEDA's layer setup flow not good. EasyEDA will provide a big upgrade next month, Faster zoom in and zoom out, now it is a big litter slow. better layer flow, hope the new layer tool is what you need.
bungo 7 years ago
No problem, we'll wait and check out the new version. I know how to get around it now so that is OK. cheers and thanks again. Braedon
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice