You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Double sided PCB won't print even if both top and bottom layers are exported?
273 12
Peter Costanza 1 year ago
Hi all, I'm not sure if I'm missing a step here somewhere but I am trying to print out a double sided PCB and although I am selecting, full graphics, separated layers, both top & bottom layers, when exporting to PDF I get two pages but only top layer, I can't seem to figure out / why the bottom layer will not export to pdf. The layer Mgr shows 2 layers selected. I'm using easyeda std, V6.5.22, Any help appreciated. Thanks
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
Please post screenshots.
a screenshot of the pdf printouts? top and bottom layers?
This is the top layer ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/zz3205nBS5e8aWcO4F5plWodXj5DTTnSGEPyd7QN.png) This is the bottom layer ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/5E3qfB68hfKvCDtzdi9oAmIYbz5yKyt0eQWPkZyo.png) Any clue?
MrToM 1 year ago
Hi Peter, Have you tried 'paged layer' instead of 'separated layer'? I couldn't get 'separated layer' to work either but 'paged layer' does actually produce a two page pdf with the top layer on one page and the bottom layer on another. For me, using 'separated layer' just creates a zip file full of several identical pdf's, all of the 'top' layer. No idea why. Regards. MrToM.
This is what I get from paged layer; ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Z9fmIc06M2uyN98HMZNGM7qTklgSWIclCW66PP3t.png)
MrToM 1 year ago
Hi Peter, Sorry but I cannot reproduce the problem. From the pcb tab, using File > Export > Pdf and choosing the following options produces a pdf with two pages: ![options-01.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/b8KosGVlIR3KHCjHJ7mTAeWenXnfyuIdgGPkGFu4.jpeg) I've tried this in both the web version, (using Edge browser), and the desktop version, both create a working two page pdf file. . Regards. MrToM.
Mr ToM, thanks for trying to sort this out, I tried this on 3 different computers with same results from all 3 Can you show me your results from that export you did from the paged layer?
I managed to export each layer individually from the export document and got both top and bottom layers individually on separate pdf. So, it seems as there is a bug as it won't export both layers together? I tried them again together top & bottom layers after I did them individually and still didn't get the bottom layer..
MrToM 1 year ago
Hi Peter, Sure, here is a simple test pcb using both layers and the resulting 2 page pdf from it... . ![2-page-pdf.jpg](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/CvxoHQnwnzp1lKGAIhvAQrXvFVS0ruNnnHWfqCB9.jpeg) . I can only suggest to check your board thoroughly, something may just be slightly out somewhere. (For example the autorouter doesn't work if there is a gap in the board outline...that sort of silly thing.) . I really don't know what else to suggest, it works in all the senarios I've tried. . Regards. MrToM.
andyfierman 1 year ago
@ensonniq, As well as what you end up with in the pdfs, I meant screenshots of what you are trying to export and how you set up  the export process like the image Mr Tom showed. It looks however like between you and Mr Tom you have got some way to solving this.
@andyfierman Looks like I'm not the only one experiencing this issue, " [MrToM](https://easyeda.com/mrtom528) 23 hours ago ...I couldn't get 'separated layer' to work either...For me, using 'separated layer' just creates a zip file full of several identical pdf's, all of the 'top' layer. No idea why. Regards. MrToM" Maybe this bug is only with the latest release as I don't remember having this issue in previous releases.
andyfierman 1 year ago
@ensonniq, If you think it's a bug then you could change the Category of this topic to Bug Report. :)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice