You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Drawing hollow rectangle on silk screen
1462 9
MikeDB 4 years ago
I want a 10mm thick outline rectangle on the silk screen, with a 75mm * 50mm hole inside it.  i tried the rectangle tool to first draw a complete rectangle but there doesn't seem to be an 'undraw' function on the rectangle to hollow out the inside. I searched the forum and Andy suggested to somebody to use the track tool but this gives rounded corners on the rectangle.  Any suggestions om how to get a perfect hollowed out rectangle on the silk screen ?
Comments
andyfierman 4 years ago
Tedious but you could use successively thinner lines on the outer edges to square off the corners. Or simply overlap small triangles (or even squares) over the rounded  outer corners.
andyfierman 4 years ago
Can you use the Solid Region tool?
MikeDB 4 years ago
@andyfierman There's no way with the solid region tool of making it a complete hollowed rectangle - there will always be a very thin break where you transition from the outside to the inside.  As soon as you touch another node it seems to go a bit wombat.
MikeDB 4 years ago
@andyfierman Ah small squares would work.  Tedious as you say but does work
cjohnson 4 years ago
@MikeDB Another way to do it (that I tend to always use) is draw four lines, not connected to each other. Then manually constrain the line locations, again it is a tedious method. I wish the rectangle tool had a fill option.
MikeDB 4 years ago
@cjohnson Agreed - the software must be there because it can do it on other layers, just not silk ones
andyfierman 4 years ago
@cjohnson, "draw four lines, not connected to each other. Then manually constrain the line locations," I've posted about this in various threads and I usually draw things like that as most times, it's much faster and more accurate. Mike's issue however is not that he can't draw the rectangle this way but that, as the lines are widened, the rounded ends and corners become more obvious. :)
MikeDB 4 years ago
@andyfierman Yes it's sort of grown on me now ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/uNDHihiH5jzplDH705LzL5YsHYFMDglbz5HAcO7R.png)
cjohnson 4 years ago
@andyfierman Almost have to do complicated board panelization or cutouts this way. Only true way to get pricision.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice