You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Duplicate prefix error across different schematics?
1899 7
martin 9 years ago
Hey, I'm working on a V2 version of a schematic, but as soon as I try to convert it to a PCB layout, I get errors of duplicate prefixes. Looks like it's comparing all schematics in the project. I don't recall that behavior. Is it something I'm doing wrong, or is this a legit bug?
Comments
martin 9 years ago
OK, here are the steps I took: 1. Create a schematic 2. Save schematic 3. Continue working on schematic 4. Save As "something_else" It looks like "something_else" contains a duplicate set of parts! Half of them are not visible, but when converting to schematic (after renaming the visible ones), I see they are doubled up...
martin 9 years ago
OK, so ALL schematic in a project are converted for the board. That might be a feature. Not sure. If it is, then EasyEDA has to be aware of other schematics when add parts, so it doesn't generate duplicated names!
andyfierman 9 years ago
EasyEDA treats all schematics in a project as being all part of the same thing at the point when you want to convert to PCB. So duplicate reference designators will throw errors. However, you make a good point: "EasyEDA has to be aware of other schematics when add parts, so it doesn't generate duplicated names!" As this is not technically a bug, raising this as a Feature Request might help keep it visible and on that very lengthy ToDo list. )
martin 9 years ago
I find it arguable that this is not a bug: it renders multiple schematic sheets or versions useless. In any event, I think this needs to be something of a priority...
dillon 9 years ago
You are right at this point. Just a few guys try to build a multiple schematic sheets in easyeda. but most of others will get the problem "prefix confilict" error.
omatama victor 6 months ago
Plz 😭 🙏 someone should help me out of this duplicate prefixes error... Have been stuck on this for weeks now.. so frustrating.. wonder why a developer will add such function omatama.victor@gmail.com.
UserSupport 6 months ago
@omatama.victor you can check your components prefix at right hand Design Manager, modify them and make them unique
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice