You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
EasyEDA PCB Layout Performance Issues
1907 11
Sam Gilligan 4 years ago
Hey, EasyEDA for the most part seems to be an excellent piece of software, however I seem to be running into performance issues with the PCB layout where it seems to slow down to the point where only a single mouse click is recognised every few seconds. I'm not running any other software of significance, and task manager lists the PC in an idle state apart from CPU and RAM usage by EasyEDA. I'm also using the latest video drivers (though the issue doesn't seem to be renderer based). I was wondering if anyone else had experienced issues like these, or if they're just tied to my particular machine? Interestingly, I can see the CPU usage shoot up while waiting during these few-second intervals consuming one entire core (so it's doing a lot of something). I can see that during these intervals, the Mouse-X,Y status stops responding as well. I'm testing this on a design with no nets placed and no auto-routing set up. I have the interactive DRC disabled, and ratlines turned off. I've tried disabling a majority of layers and objects, yet it seems to have no impact on the speed of the program. I've attached a gif of the behaviour below, trying to select and move a capacitor. ![2019-10-2214-17-05.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/t1hoAVC4JPkki7JO9f06xTXdihdf8vWXzVRyiold.gif) Is this a known bug? Thanks, Sam
Comments
duritskiy 4 years ago
I just found a performance issue in large projects. This happens if you define custom colors for some nets (Net Color). And I see you just use different colors too. Just remove color definitions and productivity will increase. I would really like the developers to fix this bug!
Sam Gilligan 4 years ago
@duritskiy Thanks! That sped it up significantly. I had set up custom net colours on a couple of my other projects part way through, and hadn't connected it with the slow down in performance. It looks like for every extra net colour you define, it has to do an extra render pass.I had over 10 net colours in this project originally (so a 10x slowdown)... It would be really handy to have this bug fixed, as net colours aid a lot when it comes to designing split power planes.
UserSupport 4 years ago
at v6.3 we will improve the performance, this is because of JS and browser performance. at next year, it will be solved we are doing a more important job now, a new PCB engine, which is more faster, even you have more than 50,000 pads on the PCB
SteveGunn 4 years ago
I have the same problem with both online and client versions.. I went into the menus and turned everything off then only view a few essential layers and it speeded up but the speed issue is a very large dissapointment for what is otherwise an excellent software. I hope they get the new release out fast otherwise I'll have to switch to something else.. its just too maddening
bob123 4 years ago
I've had the same issue when using Chrome.  Switching to Firefox browser helped a lot.
UserSupport 4 years ago
We developing a totally new version, that solve the performance issue.
UserSupport 4 years ago
New PCB engine demo: [https://lceda.cn/newpcb](https://lceda.cn/newpcb) it will be released at the end of 2020 @duritskiy @samgilligan @bob123 @SteveGunn
Megascott 3 years ago
Using 6.4.7 and a four layer board is slow as molasses to move any parts that are connected to traces. I've resorted to cut n paste to move anything more than a few mm's. Scott
andyfierman 3 years ago
@Megascott, Online or Desktop Client?
rehsd 2 years ago
I'm having a similar issue to @Megascott. v6.4.31
Jove Malcolm 1 year ago
2023 and I'm experiencing the same problem. a multi-core implementation would help things greatly!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice