You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
EasyEDA Desktop Client now available for public test
5975 67
support 6 years ago
Introducing the EasyEDA Desktop Client -------------------------------------- **Hi All,** Thanks for waiting. After 8 months development, the EasyEDA Desktop Client is now publicly available for beta testing. What are the Desktop Client features? ===================================== 1. The software can be offline. You can create, edit and save projects, parts, footprints and any other files without an internet connection. When you next connect to the internet, all your data will be synchronised on the EasyEDA server. 2. Saving your work is super fast: no waiting for the web. 3. You own your designs on your computer and the EasyEDA server will give you the safety net of a full version backup. Every time you save, EasyEDA saves a snapshot of your project, so you can find the full version history for your designs. **Although they will be fixed in the future, at present there are some operations that will still need internet support.** 1. Convert to PCB; 2. Update PCB/Import changes from Schematic. This is because designs may use symbols or packages that are not created by you, and so may not be stored locally; 3. Generate Gerber files. At present, this is currently a server side task; 4. Export to PDF, PNG, SVG. This is also still a server side task; 5. Library Searching. Beta testing the EasyEDA Desktop Client. ======================================== Please try to give this first beta version of the new EasyEDA Desktop Client a deep test. Try using the website and desktop version at the same time, to see how they sync. and how they compare in terms of user experience and speed.. At present, we are just providing a Windows 64 bit version for beta testing. Linux and Mac versions will be made public soon. Please download a copy of the EasyEDA Desktop Client from: https://assets.lcsc.com/installer/easyeda-editor-4.5.2-setup.exe Just follow the on-screen installation instructions and let us know what you think! Special offer for testers. ========================== To encourage people to give the EasyEDA Desktop Client a serious test, we’re offering a serious gift. If you create your PCB via the EasyEDA Desktop Client Then 1. Layout your PCB using the new EasyEDA Desktop Client; 2. Order and pay for your PCB (5pcs PCB prototype)through EasyEDA in the normal way; 3. Comment at this topic or send an email to support@easyeda.com, then we will refund your PCB cost in a few hours. 4. Please place your order before 2017-6-9 (9 June 2017). 5. Don't forget to give us feedback Comments and suggestions? ========================= We hope you enjoy testing the new EasyEDA Desktop Client and please let us have your feedback.
Comments
fmiku 6 years ago
Hi, when the Mac Or Linux version will be available for testing ?
douglas.cordeiro 6 years ago
Hi When it'll be available for linux? We want a linux version!
Obamjur 6 years ago
Congratulations and thank you for this effort. Great job ! Works fine by me on Windows 7 Ultimate. I loved this LCSC button. The installer has about 38.3 MB and installation needs 150 MB of free disc space. All files from online version are there (don't ask me how...) and the most features that I wanna use are working fine. Thank you very much!
HHCM 6 years ago
i can not be offline. no can create, edit and save projects, parts, footprints and any other files without an internet connection
radiofm 6 years ago
Now testing - working very fast !
Rozakiin 6 years ago
Hi, when I ran the installer this error appeared but it is now running the setup anyway. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20170520/591f6d2497af9.png
dillon 6 years ago
@Fmiku @Douglas.Cordeiro after windows works, will release Mac and Linux
dillon 6 years ago
@HHCM what is the error message?
dillon 6 years ago
@Rozakiin what is your OS, is it 64 bit? do you mean even there is an error message, but you can use the desktop version, right?
Rozakiin 6 years ago
@dillon This was Windows 10 Pro x64 after the error the installation ran normally and I am able to use the desktop version.
radiofm 6 years ago
Hi i try to convert schematic to PCB i see error - problem with synchronization i see also that latest changes in desktop isn't in web version. I haven't any network problem. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20170521/5920736fc871c.png
dillon 6 years ago
@Radiofm some time, you need to wait for 60s to sync. the data
vachelcai 6 years ago
总算出来了,谢谢.期待正式版本~~
enjoybiking 6 years ago
Maybe I made a mistake? Entered schematic, then made a PCB, went back to Schematic, made some changes... tried to UPDATE PCB: it says "There is no PCB under this project do you like to create one?" Yes I have a project and yes the PCB and the schematic have the same name and capitalization and are visually under the project name. But the new PC software doesn't think so and wants me to make a NEW PCB ??
HHCM 6 years ago
i can not be offline. no can create, edit and save projects, parts, footprints and any other files without an internet connection@dillon @dillon @dillon no error message, in offline no can open new proyect, only can select new schematic, pcb etc,but no can save in locali select save and open windows for login an save in web
dillon 6 years ago
@HHCM Maybe your OS don't allow us to write the data.
Penoff 6 years ago
Problem with using capital F when changing part name or tag from within the Components window. Using Shift+F seems to be a shortcut for search and it closes the Name/Tag update dialog and goes back to search. So if I want to call a component Fuse for example, as soon as I try to type capital F it goes to search. This does not happen in the web based version of the tool.
Penoff 6 years ago
Evidently, that issue is present all over the interface with only one exception so far, when typing in Text object added on schematic or PCB.
Penoff 6 years ago
I assume it was supposed to be Ctrl+F for Find/Search and not Shift+F. Easy fix I think.
dillon 6 years ago
@Penoff I don't know what you mean. sorry.
Penoff 6 years ago
Example: Place any part in a schematic. Go to its Name field in Part Attributes on the right. Type something and try to include the character F. See what happens. Instead of seeing F, the Part Search dialog opens. Try that in any field and the same will happen.
dillon 6 years ago
Do you mean , the chrome's default search ? ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20170522/5922cda3a4b34.png
felipeunix 6 years ago
38MB only. I'm really enjoying it! I am already designing the first PCB in the desktop version.
Penoff 6 years ago
@dillon No, I mean the desktop version of the EasyEDA tool. Enter the field marked in red. Start typing anything that has the letter F in upper case (capital). **F** not **f**. To do that you need to press Shift+f on the keyboard. Instead of seeing F the search dialog pops up. It is very annoying so far, but expected as this is beta version, so I'll have to live with that. ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20170522/5922dd905514b.png
support 6 years ago
@Penoff I can't understand too, sorry for my English, hope @andyfierman can explain
Penoff 6 years ago
I guess I will have to make a video tonight. It is so simple. I can't type "F" anywhere, only "f". That's the problem. To type F, you press Shift + F and then the search dialog pops up.
support 6 years ago
Why no caps lock button? Under my compute, I can press shift+F
Penoff 6 years ago
Yes, it works with Caps Lock, but not with Shift, which is the most common way of typing. And there is no such problem in the web based version. I will make a short video later and post link here. I have tested this on Windows 7 x64 and Windows 10 on two separate computers. Result is the same.
support 6 years ago
@Penoff no need to send the video. I always test under V4.5.3, forget you use V4.5.2, I am sure we have fixed this problem.
radiofm 6 years ago
@dillon but i have still this error i can't convert schematics to PCB also in web based easyeda is old version of this project... strange
Penoff 6 years ago
I downloaded it yesterday and it says 4.5.3 in Help > About. Another think I have found in the version I have. No synchronization on start after I have logged in on previous start. It start and loads everything from the local copy, but does not sync with server. I have log out and then log in again to initiate sync.
support 6 years ago
@Radiofm in this case, can you try to logout and login again. If have problem again, you logout and close the software, then open the software again.
support 6 years ago
@Penoff You just see the editor verion, not the desktop version, my bad not told for this, but I am sure we have fixed the SHFIT+F probelm. the sync. problem is the server session time out. your desktop version think it is OK to save the file, but the server think you logout, so don't allow to sync. Now we have a problem, hope our users can find a way. Problem, you login in at the desktop, then logout at the website. What should the destkop version should do? If we keep desktop login in, then you are not allow to sync. If we keep the desktop logout as the server, but you may can't see you design until you login again. @Radiofm @Penoff when you see the problem just because our server have a restart at your time.
Penoff 6 years ago
This is the video with my Shift+F issue: [https://youtu.be/zW3SFDpWuuw][1] As for the sync, it is some login issue I guess. This morning I logged in from my office PC and it synced right away and since the online version of my files was different (newer) it asked me which one I want to keep. This worked just fine. This is how I see the behavior that should be happening (personal opinion): 1) User logs in on desktop, but is not logged in on the web version. ACTION - check for changes and if any difference found show it to user with note which is newer (server or local) and ask which version to keep (selection will be saved to server in any case). 2) User logs in on web version, but is not logged in on desktop. ACTION - there is no way to know what changes have been made in the local copy so no actaion should be taken. Just use online files and save to server any following changes. 3) User is logged in both desktop and web version. Changes are made on both. ACTION - server should check periodically (every 5 minutes for example) for changes and immediately notify user and ask which version to keep. That case should not happed as one user should work on one PC, but is possible if for example the desktop version is left open at home and user opens the web based version at his work place. So far haven't found any big issues working on the schematic of my project. Moving in a day or two to PCB design. I hope it will work similarly well there too. [1]: https://youtu.be/zW3SFDpWuuw
dillon 6 years ago
@Penoff Thanks, we are sure we have fixed the SHIFT+F problem, a new UI and the fixed version will be released at very begin of Next week ![enter image description here][1] [1]: /editor/20170523/5923e32cdacab.png
radiofm 6 years ago
@support Hi logout and login now working for me :( so : i downloaded easyeda source from desktop, next delete in desktop and web this project. after this new project (with other name to avoid problems tmp files names etc..) import source and it look now it working.. synchro working. i will test ;) BTW Thanks for eadyeda app :)
support 6 years ago
@Radiofm Your problem just the login problem, you don't need to to do any thing , after login out and login , the sync. should be seamless. Next version, we will warn when the desktop client can't sync. Thanks for your time to test deeply.
Penoff 6 years ago
"Convert Project To PCB" shows message "Need to synchronize data" with an OK button. Clicking the button hides the message, but does not initiate synchronization. My local copy is not submitted to server. I guess logout and login will do the trick, but is not very convinient. Perhaps a button called "Sync" will be useful for forced synchronization in case it is needed for some reason.
dillon 6 years ago
@Penoff When you see this message, you just need to wait a few seconds, no need to logout and login. Logou and login way maybe in bad sync problem.
Penoff 6 years ago
I have waited much more than a few seconds, but it didn't synchronize automatically. Now I am starting to work on the PCB for my project. I had to make some changes in the schematic and then sync to the PCB. That is not working for the same reason. It says that is has to synchronize, but doesn't do it. Because of that the "Import changes..." button is not doing much. I have to save my schematic changes and go to the web version to make the update of the PCB. Then I can go back to the desktop tool (fresh open and synced) and I can continue working on the placement and routing.
enjoybiking 6 years ago
Yes, THAT was my problem too...I wanted my free PCB order so tried to stay in the PC version 100% to create...but got forced back to the web. Schematic changes would not update the PCB, it said I didn't have a PCB and would I like to make a NEW one? I think I understand now, thanks Penoff!
dillon 6 years ago
@Penoff @Enjoybiking Thanks for report, we will provide a way to make the sync. better.
Penoff 6 years ago
That was an interesting point. Are we going to get the free PCB if not 100% of the design was made in the desktop version? My schematic was partially done when you released the desktop beta version for testing. I continued from there and use the web based version only if something will not work on the desktop version (like creating the initial PCB file).
dillon 6 years ago
@Penoff yes free PCB order. just need shipping cost
dreAn 6 years ago
Linux version please :)
Penoff 6 years ago
Something interesting happened to my current project a few moments ago, while I was working on my PCB in the desktop editor. I can no longer move footprints around the PCB using the direction keys on my PC keyboard. They only move once at a very small step and stop even though I am holding a direction key or pressing it repeatedly. I see the same behaviour in the desktop editor as well as the web editor. This is true for a single project only. The others don't seem to experience this strange issue. Any idea what might have happened?
Penoff 6 years ago
Fixed it by returning to one of my previous saves. Luckily not much work lost. Nothing else helped. Changing grid snap values, making copy of my PCB, restarting the tool. Very strange and never happened before.
dillon 6 years ago
@Penoff Can you find that version, you can send it to me as EasyEDA source file. My email dillon@
sunlan 6 years ago
系统提示错误,系统不兼容我是WIN7 32位
andyfierman 6 years ago
@Sunlan, 对不起,正如原来的公告所说: `目前,我们只是提供Windows 64位版本进行beta测试。` Sorry but as it says in the original announcement: `At present, we are just providing a Windows 64 bit version for beta testing.`
bbea4 6 years ago
Linux Please!
andyfierman 6 years ago
@Bbea4, As stated in the original announcement: `At present, we are just providing a Windows 64 bit version for beta testing. Linux and Mac versions will be made public soon.` For information, I have just tried installing the Windows .exe onto Kubuntu 14.04 LTS under WINE. It seems to install OK but does not run. If anyone is a WINE wizard, I can provide a backtrace of what went wrong. :)
Penoff 6 years ago
@dillon I can't seem to be able to locate the same dialog I used yesterday. I am not sure how that can happen on the desktop version. I used some recovery window that showed all changes for the current day and all older changes listed by simple numbers (1,2,3... all the way to 88 I think. I recovered the version that was working fine and continued my work from there. Now all I can find is another recovery window, which shows me only a couple versions. I am sorry, but I can't seem to find a way to get back that problematic file and send it to you. I also don't know how this issue was triggered and can't recreate it. If it happens again, I will send you a copy.
dillon 6 years ago
@Andyfierman Linux version is ready, the only problem is Linux version can't upgrade automatic, we change the version very freq. at present, so It is no good to provide now.
Penoff 6 years ago
I found a small bug this time. This is what happens: 1) Double click the shortcut to launch EasyEDA desktop editor 2) Editor opens in full screen mode (main screen in multi monitor setup) 3) Click on the minimize button in top right of the title bar 4) Editor minimizes in the taskbar 5) Click on EasyEDA Editor button in taskbar to show it again 6) The editor shows up shrinked to the minimum window size allowed by Windows instead of full screen like it was before it was minimized ![enter image description here][1] If I resize the window and minimize is again, the next time I recall it, it shows up with the correct size. [1]: /editor/20170529/592bd9d23d069.png
Penoff 6 years ago
Another issue. **Fabrication Output...** seems to be missbehaving in certain conditions. I had my design saved and closed the editor. Today I opened the editor. Then opened the PCB, which hasn't been changed (both locally and on the server). Last I clicked the "Fabrication Output..." button and got error message: ![enter image description here][1] I need to click Save even though nothing has been changed and there was no indication for changes (the "*" on the tab with the design was not present). After that I can use the "Fabrication Output..." button and it works fine. [1]: /editor/20170530/592d31e728bd9.png
support 6 years ago
@Penoff the fab problem fixed some days ago, at present, you just need to save again.
Penoff 6 years ago
Great! Thanks! I am almost ready to place my PCB order now. Still adding finishing touches and trying different functions of the desktop editor.
Penoff 6 years ago
Done! Order placed and paid through the destop EasyEDA Editor. Order: LRB7pjBSM Transaction ID: 5S1255476F850280R
dillon 6 years ago
@Penoff thanks, your PCB cost is refund.
Penoff 6 years ago
@dillon thak you very much! I enjoyed using the desktop editor. I expected more bugs from a beta version, but I was plesently surprised. I am sure the official release will be great.
Jandrcu 6 years ago
holy crap, this is great, my net sucks and i was always timing out loosing my work, no mor haha now i just have to sync things up and voila, install went great, no errors, the sync thing works great if you just right click your project and say refresh.
Jandrcu 6 years ago
my transaction id is 3P1AyKIGE @Jandrcu
dillon 6 years ago
@Jandrcu your PCB cost is refund. You real need Express DHL, airmail is too slow
Jandrcu 6 years ago
@dillon yeah your probably right, but this is a test run, want to see how slow it can be, that means ill always have it within x time frame. im a tinkerer and dont depend on anything quickly, i still need to finish the controller board for those sensor boards
rocket3989 6 years ago
This software worked so well and was super easy to pick up! I had a couple bugs that I am listing out but for now my transaction id is: ch_1AScMfEPp26H6PGnF9mcUzDh Thank you guys so much!
support 6 years ago
@rocket3989 Your PCB cost is refund. Please send the bugs report to our support@easyeda.com or you can list at this topic.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice