You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Export 3D Model (obj)
345 4
jdjager 2 years ago
Hi When I export the PCB as an 3D Model and import it in Solid Edge, the scale is totally wrong. Easy EDA uses the base units of mils, but I can't import the file in mils Below, the PCB width is 61.976mm ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/10qVjjkmwo7TfcUtfwRcn1xukHbDMyaXF487mP4g.png) After importing the OBJ file with File Units set to mm, the width is 242.8mm ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/yAxAc4IUVMw4RFbdtoK1wUJeGrZIsL42Hud1OGnC.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/U2MyCeiAOqm4rJnw1ZxC5Z4T2uEz2mxA9Iyphlx3.png) The problem I have is that I can't scale the complete assembly in Solid Edge, therefore I need to import it at the correct scale. I used a second cad tool (CAD Assistant) and noticed that the model is wrong scale here as well which confirms that the 3D model is saved with the wrong scale ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/MR4CBnXzmndYhy38mkbfN59W5ETPXy2kd7UGmr03.png)
Comments
UserSupport 2 years ago
suggest using Pro edition EasyEDA Std exports the 3D model unit size in 0.01 inch. If your scene size is in mm, then scale the model by 0.254 times
kiwiwarwick 2 years ago
Hello, I have exactly the same problem, and like the originsal poster mentioned, it is not possible to scale the 3D assembly.
Yonk 1 year ago
Hi, I have the same problem in Inventor. I would be very beneficial to have an option to set the export units.
Yonk 1 year ago
@usersupport - The user wrote that he cannot scale the object, so it is not an option.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice