You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Extensions: Remove Down-Arrow from Menu
506 4
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
Extension Menus do have a Down-Arrow by default. I guess this is a relict from the past when EasyEDA and also Extensions just had Icons in the main menu. The Down-Arrow should be removed, it makes no sense... ![2021-03-19 22_44_51-EasyEDA(Standard) - A Simple and Powerful Electronic Circuit Design Tool.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/GtQ1WZlg1frIKIQF9FzdhKRPhMvCgybGJiDw2ikb.png) Maybe also seperate Extension Menus with a vertical divider from the regular Menu items.
Comments
turbobabr 3 years ago
Hey Andreas, You can safely remove that annoying arrow right after calling: ``` `api('createToolbarButton', { })` ``` Using this query: ``` $( "a[menu^='#mm-common-extension-svgimport'] span.m-btn-downarrow").remove(); ``` `mm-common-extension-svgimport` \- this prefix is consistant across sessions\, just change the ending with the relevant extension identifier\.
turbobabr 3 years ago
@andreasbernhofer Removing those arrows will not help a lot\, since the current \`APIs\` do not allow to scale the number of installed plugins\. The whole concept of extensions becomes completely unusable after adding 4\-5 extensions that contribute to the main menu \- it simple doesn't scale\.\. :\( I'm currently experimenting with a custom "glue" like extension, that aimed to help to get rid of the clutter and consolidate all the menu items into a single element: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/uTXNhdD81kgM1zZwhBPzcGUGziCFToFeiOtXY7pd.png) It looks quite promising, since it's possible to have more than 4-5 extensions installed! :) Also experimenting with a \`Command Palette\` like UI for running independent commands using search box without messing with the main menu\. The only issue is that all the extensions should provide some additional manifest data (menu, list of commands for the search box, keybindings for specific commands) as well as a fall-back menu button in case that Runner extension is missing.
turbobabr 3 years ago
Forged to include the pic of the search box UI: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/GggZkyoMNZZuAmrcI0Akn4Pm6D8pAgC551f7uh09.png)
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
@turbobabr The arrow is more a cosmetic thing and I've seen that the Themes Extension already removed it the way you also suggested. But I don't think extensions should mess with the UI in that kind of way if it's not part of their functionality. Fixing the UI here is EasyEDAs job and I'm happy to wait for them to step in here. I really think they just forgot about it, because in earlier versions EasyEDA just had Icons with Drop-Downs everywhere on the main menu and the down-arrow was the correct default for extensions. ![2021-03-20 09_26_12-easyeda – Google Suche.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/bdKoyFtUlmvI2opS2xfYeTdYR9ukwRnVrezeJU1G.png) And yeah, I'm aware of the overflow-issue with the menu bar, I also thought about making a submenu. But I'd actually keep them in the menu and only create a submenu for those who won't fit the page anymore. Alternatively, just break the menu to nex line... The `Command Palette` looks nice though ;)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice