You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Extremely hard time connecting wires to pins.
3299 6
donfrench 8 years ago
This is my first attempt at making a schematic I am finding it very frustrating. About half the wire connections I try to make to device pins are OK and the rest are not. I have Snap to Grid on and it has never been off. The Grid size is 10 and snap size is also 10, Alt snap is 5. When a connection doesn't make, I can't seem to fix it either. I am about to give up and go back to Eagle. But I assume that it must be something simple that I am doing wrong. In Eagle there is a connection tool that you use to make a connection where two wires cross or a connection is close but not made. Is there something like this in EasyEDA?
Comments
andyfierman 8 years ago
Hi Donfrench, Welcome to EasyEDA. I'm sorry to read that you are struggling with wire connections. Device pins in EasyEDA have a small grey dot at the connection end that highlights if you hover the mouse cursor over it in wiring model (enabled by pressing the `W` key or by clicking on the `Wire` button in the **Wiring Tools** palette). These dots also highlight as you place a part. Simply click on the canvas to start a wire and then click on a pin or on another wire to connect to it. If you click on the pin of an un-selected part then wiring mode should also be enabled. If you haven't found it already, for more please see: https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/ Can you check that your browser is at 100% zoom? It is possble that this is upsetting the grid snapping. Can you make an example of your attempts public so we can see what the problem might be? What browser and OS are you using? Do you have the same problem in a different browser?
donfrench 8 years ago
My problem was that I set the grid size to 10, the default. And some of my parts needed 5. I started over and now all is good.
andyfierman 8 years ago
Glad you're up and running and thanks for posting back so quickly! :)
donfrench 8 years ago
Thanks. My problem was that I used10 for Grid size and Snap to Grid whereas some of my parts needed 5.
dillon 8 years ago
You can set your snap grid to 5 or any, you even can close the snap grid, press `G` key
azadok 6 years ago
this is indeed very frustrating, was facing issue to connect and then somehow got it connected but later all wiring are gone now :-(
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice