You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Find location of alignment holes within a component
235 7
TechnoGilles 1 year ago
I have many parts in my design that have alignment holes within them. I am trying to find the x-y coordinates of these holes. When I select such a component, I am able to individually select each pad to find their specific coordinates by I am unable to individually select the alignment holes and find their location. Is there a way to find the specific corrdinates of the alignment holes within a component ?
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
Please  post the link to an example which demonstrates this issue.
TechnoGilles 1 year ago
Let's say I have a component such as this DC Jack (C397342) somewhere on my board. What I would like to know is the exact location of the two alignment holes. I am able to figure out the location of the pads and the component itself, but I just can't figure out how to get the location of the two holes. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/6DUQKPZFr8spj0j8XmfzzNgVRh2zA2p3v8aI7dby.png)
andyfierman 1 year ago
There are two ways to do this. One is safe but requires some arithmetic to find the XY co-ordinates of the mounting hole centres. The other is dangerous but gives a direct measurement of the XY co-ordinates of the mounting hole centres. **The safe way:** 1. Open the footprint in the Footprint Editor;  2. Note the XY co-ordinates of the mounting hole centres with respect to the footprint origin;  3. In the PCB, select and then note the XY co-ordinates of the footprint origin as placed in the PCB;  4. Do the sums to work out the XY co-ordinates of the mounting holes with respect to the footprint origin. **The dangerous way:** 1. Select the footprint;  2. If the footprint is locked then set **Locked = No** in the right hand panel; 3. Click on the **Group/Ungroup Symbol...** button in the floating PCB Tools palette; ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/pjjpufacVxZfJIIKCKDkeo54XpwF93UN01ARy7wi.png) **4\. BEWARE: This disintegrates the whole symbol;** **![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/7wNgm9vcUOMKD9jf3yy057sx0l0LLP3eZn1mXAk3.png)** 5\. Reselect the whole symbol; 6\. Set **Locked = Yes** in the right hand panel. **Do not omit this operation**; ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/gAN8j6k7cOyzAmmMBhuyaI7Z5d8IePpiY74ECQO3.png) 7\. Select each mounting hole and note the XY co\-ordinates; 8\. Do **CTRL+Z** (Undo) until the footprint is returned to it original state - including its Locked status - before step 2; 9\. Repeat the above steps as required for each footprint\.
andyfierman 1 year ago
I missed a   important step for the dangerous  solution: Step 0: Save the PCB before you start Step 1!
TechnoGilles 1 year ago
Ahh ! I had a huntch there had to be some sort of "Ungroup" functionality but I scouted the menus many times but did not find it. I just did not think to look through the tools palette !! But anyway, the Footprint Editor (safe) way seems a very good way. Nevertheless, I still believe there should be a way to simply select the holes to figure out their placement, the same way we can select the pads. Thanks for the help ! Very appreciated !
andyfierman 1 year ago
@TechnoGilles, You could post an edited version of this topic as a Feature Request. :)
andyfierman 1 year ago
Or just change the Category of this one.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice