You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Flip Horizontal and Flip Vertical
2029 3
Cophian 9 years ago
I cant get EasyEDA to Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical in PCB mode with shortcut keys or top toolbar it works in schematic mode fine
Comments
dillon 9 years ago
Hi , Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical just work under schematic, If you Flip your PCB packages, you may never mount them. But, you can set the PCB package to bottom layer. It will filp atuo. Selecting your component, then set it's layer to "BottomLayer".
jamiebrowncow 7 years ago
I am sure people are wise enough to know what they are doing, this is a feature that is required. Basic mirroring and flipping should be standard in PCB design. I need to make a board to accept an arduino but I cant flip the template for the mega 2560.
andyfierman 7 years ago
Hi Jamiebrowncow, Can you give an example of how flipping or mirroring the PCB footprint of an Arduino Mega 2560 - *without swapping it from one side of the PCB to the other* - would work on a real PCB? As an example, suppose you have a 74HC00 in a DIP14 through hole package. To put this on a PCB you need a 14 pin through hole footprint. If you mirror (or flip) that footprint, either horizontally or vertically - *without swapping it from one side of the PCB to the other* - then, although you can still mechanically fit the device into the holes in the PCB, the pins on the device will no longer match the wiring defined by the schematic from which the PCB is designed. If you actually solder in and power up a device after mirroring or flipping the footprint, you will probably destroy it. Flipping or mirroring a footprint is in fact exactly what happens when you swap a footprint from the top layer to the bottom layer of the PCB. So doing it with a through hole package, you would have to fit the 74HC00 to the other side of the PCB for it to wire up correctly. However, If you mirror (or flip) a *surface mount* footprint, either horizontally or vertically - without swapping it from one side of the PCB to the other - and you then fit the device, you will probably destroy it. At best it simply will not work.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice