You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Formal definition of the "Document Layer", please
2923 5
sinelari 7 years ago
You all have been so helpful these past few days and my project is almost ready for fabrication order. I have another question though, and this has to do with the "Document Layer". I tried to find a mention of it using search, but only references to it by others... so... i just want to be sure because i am using it to mask out a part's outline. Would it be correct to say that if a PCB layout has things in the "Document Layer", that they will not be printed on the actual circuit board? Thanks again :)
Comments
dillon 7 years ago
Document layer just for you to add some notes, we don't print them on PCB board, even no gerber output.
sinelari 7 years ago
@dillon Thank you Dillon! You my man! :D Just wanted to be sure.
yelkenli 4 years ago
Is there are reason for this PCB check from your 'Essential checks before placing a PCB order' page?  19) Check that no board outline, silkscreen or documentation layer information has accidentally been placed on any copper layers; If the documentation layer is not part of the final design, why do we need to ensure none on copper layers?  I have copper traces running through the documentation layer information. Thanks!
andyfierman 4 years ago
"Is there are reason for this PCB check from your 'Essential checks before placing a PCB order' page?  19) Check that no board outline, silkscreen or documentation layer information has accidentally been placed on any copper layers;" Sorry but I'd have thought that was pretty self explanatory. If you have information that you intend to put in the board outline, silkscreen or documentation layers but you accidentally put it onto a copper layer then that's probably your PCB trashed because you have just shorted things together. And yes, I have seen PCBs where that has happenend. :)
andyfierman 4 years ago
But thank you for taking the time to read the checklist.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice