You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Gerber "G" button missing
902 37
rrose3000 3 years ago
Hi I'm new to Easyeda schematic capture, that said I did watch a video on how to input my schematic (which I did) and generate a Gerber file by selecting the "G" Gerber button at the top of the screen, but that button does not exist, is this a bug or a feature of the free version???  PS. I have been designing electric circuits for years and found all the IC's and components so I know  my schematic I inputed is correct. Please help  Thank you.
Comments
UserSupport 3 years ago
if you open the PCB module, it is no Gerber menu, Gerber only at PCB
andyfierman 3 years ago
@rrose3000, We recommend that you go through the checklists here: [https://easyeda\.com/andyfierman/Essential\_checks\_before\_clicking\_the\_Convert\_Project\_to\_PCB\_Update\_PCB\_or\_Import\_Changes\_buttons\_\-7d2c6484b0c74aea930b1acf6459cd39](https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Essential_checks_before_clicking_the_Convert_Project_to_PCB_Update_PCB_or_Import_Changes_buttons_-7d2c6484b0c74aea930b1acf6459cd39) and here: [https://easyeda\.com/andyfierman/Essential\_checks\_before\_placing\_a\_PCB\_order\-de51f1401cec4bd2896ea835aca67db8](https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/Essential_checks_before_placing_a_PCB_order-de51f1401cec4bd2896ea835aca67db8) before submitting you board for manufacture.
rrose3000 3 years ago
I went through placing a few simple parts (resistors, & diodes) in my favorites as you indicated but some more complicated parts such as an Arduino Atiny85 MicroController, etc are not found so what do I do now?   These are very popular well used parts so why aren't they in the library and even if they are found in the User contributions your last post did not say to use these in My Favorites???
rrose3000 3 years ago
Is there any difference in menu's or functionality between the Easyeda online editor and Desktop client?
rrose3000 3 years ago
I see, I need to use "Convert To the PCB" first but that button does not exist in the online version even though I checked and that button is unhide, so is that a bug that the "Convert To the PCB" does not exist in the online version or should I download the desktop version of EasyPDA??????
andyfierman 3 years ago
@rrose3000, You are asking multiple questions in a post. This is confusing and time consuming to answer. UserSupport was pointing out to you that if you are working on a **PCB Module** and not a **PCB** then you will not have the Gerber Generation button in the toolbar options. You can only generate a Gerber from a PCB. If you are working on a PCB Module then you have to place it into - and save it as - a PCB before you can generate Gerbers from it. Check to make sure that you have not accidentally saved you PCB as a PCB Module instead of as a PCB. My post was pointing out that you should go through the checklists identified so that you are sure that your Schematic is correct before you attempt to convert it into a PCB and that your PCB is correct before you submit the PCB for Manufacture. Mistakes that are due to failure to go through these checklists are your responsibility. You have said, "...I have been designing electric circuits for years ..." but you have not clarified that you have been doing so using EDA tools such as EasyEDA. If you have then you will realise the importance of going through the checklists identified and that because each toolsuite has it's own quirks and features that demands a committment to learning to use the tool using the resources placed at your disposal by the tool provider and a high level of attention to detail in checking your design files to avoid costly mistakes. "...an Arduino Atiny85 MicroController, etc are not found ..." Do you mean the A**T**Tiny85? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/7tZs5hJFc1xJeDTE0ffxWeX4BphDyo3MaaIvxCD6.png) "...if they are found in the User contributions your last post did not say to use these in My Favorites..." We do not say that you cannot use User Contributed parts or add them to your library of Favorites. We do however, warn everyone to check User Contributed parts very carefully before using them as it is the user's responosiblity if there are errors in the PCB as a result of not doing so. "Is there any difference in menu's or functionality between the Easyeda online editor and Desktop client?" No.
rrose3000 3 years ago
I looked at the ways to save this schematic and I saved it as a PCB (with just clicking "Save") and then I cloned it and then clicked "Save as Module". The menu's didn't change no matter how I saved it. I still do not see a Generate PCB or Gerber button on the top menu's list. Are you sure the latest online version of Easyeda is presenting the top menu's correctly?   FYI: I did view some of your videos to see if I'm missing something, but it appears these videos are from really old versions of EasyEda and really were of no help.    Can you have a look at the current online version or direct me to what I can do to get to these menu items that are not showing up at the top, perhaps you have a hot key shortcut or something?
rrose3000 3 years ago
Ok here is my question:  The top menus buttons  "Convert" & "Generate PCB Fabrication files"  do not show up at the top of the screen horizontal tool bar. So how do I get these buttons to show up? This is my last question: If you can't give me a straight answer then I give up, this is to much effort, I'm sure I can find another PCB layout application that is not so much trouble.
rrose3000 3 years ago
FYI: This was the problem all along:  If you go to "Menu Settings" (With all menu items unhide) and you hide another menu item ?(In this case I hide the "Files" menu item temporarially) then the "Convert" menu item suddenly appears. Image that, the problem is with this new version of EasyPCB I think it only allows a certain number of menu items at the top of the screen.
andyfierman 3 years ago
@rrose3000, Can you post some screenshots to illustrate what you are describing in your two previous posts? If you have a PCB open then you should be able to see the Generate Gerber files button: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/6wYCgnrdshm1xWDxIomgctdEWUjjA10FisL4a8ab.png) If the window is too narrow then the top toolbar buttons slide into the down arrow at the upper right like this: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/akjwiYCDHiE7oU6zgFii7N6wFPVJ1DujMDZhaEwj.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
@rrose3000, You're not asking about this are you? [https://easyeda.com/components/Security-transmitter-A-partial_cd8e7f02ebe84bb692006608d07d3b5d](https://easyeda.com/components/Security-transmitter-A-partial_cd8e7f02ebe84bb692006608d07d3b5d)
rrose3000 3 years ago
Now that I got "Convert" unhide I can't make it go back to the way it was, but still there is no "G" Gerber button anywhere. I suspect that the Hide / Unhide in the Menu Settings is buggy and I switched back and forth the hide and unhide on a lot of menu items until the problem showed up. Sometimes the opposite happened, that is when I selected hide it appeared unhide (& vice versa in "Menu Settings"), in any event this feature looks buggy to me. Still I do not see the "G" Gerber menu item And by the way there is no "More" submenu like you show above? Look at my top level menu snapshot, I looked under all submenus and there is no More anywhere except under "Place" submenu but that isn't the one I need to get to "G". I am using Google chrome do you think that cold be part of my problem?  I tried clearing cache and browsing history but that didn't help. Any suggestions or can you also replicate this issue? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/opKbI2FuzSphtt2ENMn5152bmFcK6qJMvSts2wUJ.png)
rrose3000 3 years ago
By the way that schematic link you show previously go's to a partially created schematic that I first started to create and then deleted and created the other schematic you see in the previous message.
andyfierman 3 years ago
Your screenshot is of a Schematic not a PCB. Gerber files are an output from the PCB Editor. I'm not sure why you expect to see a button to generate Gerbers if you are in the Schematic Editor.
rrose3000 3 years ago
Ok as soon as I get the pin error fixed on the ATtiny85 MicroController and I will see see if I can move onto generating a Gerber file then.(However the menu problem is real and should be looked at by your application programming team). Below is the problem I see with the ATtiny85 Microcontroller highlighted in red (under "Component pin Information") and I see can see a 5v pin on the right "(under "Footprint Pad Information") so I wonder why it is flagging that pin?  Is it because its in a different position on each side?  Do I need to regenerate this part and resubmit it to the "User Contributions" library?  Can you give me a link to how you do that? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/eA2qedeDEDtuh9hS2dQuR08pWGJ8dliu8wTJyEuQ.png)
JLCPCBsupport 3 years ago
@rrose3000 Hello ; First verse, to generate Gerber you need to be running a PCB design window not a schematic design window. Second, about the ATtiny MCU why to stick in one design which has "errors" as you describe when you have plenty of other available designs. I recommend you the following module which has no problems and it match the footprint of the MCU board perfectly : ![attiny85.JPG](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/alQ1bUFJsmyhutAbuS0uAIKaFhAODgCUxawcHYsR.jpeg) Best of luck
andyfierman 3 years ago
At this stage it would seem that you have not managed to successfully convert your Schematic into a PCB. In which case you are nowhere near being able to generate any Gerber files because you have not even started a PCB layout. Once you have successfully completed all the elements in the Schematic checklist (which includes checking that you have correctly assigned PCB Footprints to all the Schematic Symbols in the Schematic and have checked that the Schematic Symbol pin to PCB Footprint pad mappings are correct to the device datasheets) you can convert your Schematic into a PCB. At this point you should have no errors or warnings. You will then be asked to generate an suitably dimensioned Board Outline. Then you will see the Board Outline with all of the PCB Footrpints arranged below it with the connectivity between the pads shown in blue Ratlines. You then have to place the parts appropriately within the Board Outline in a balance to optimise function (such as placing decoupling capacitors close the the devices whose supply they are decoupling) and to minimise routing conflicts and crossings. Once you have done that you have to route copper tracks on the top and bottom layers. Only when you have done all that and successfully completed all the elements in the PCB checklist except that of checking the Gerber files, are you at a point where you can generate some Gerber files, which you then separately check against the PCB layout.
rrose3000 3 years ago
I appreciate your support, I am new to your package but I have learned a ton today so thank you for that.  Using that other "DigiSpark_ATtiny85 cop" did Convert without errors so bear with me I'm almost there.  : )
@rrose3000 Learning through debugging is good, it gladdens me to know that you no longer have PCB convertion issues after switching to the new package of the ATtiny. Keep going and you have a great support team here for assistance.
rrose3000 3 years ago
Yes its going much better.     I watched another video of the process and see that I was missing some steps so my bad....well I'm a newbe. I hope not to be so much trouble in the future and I also learned what a great support team you have : )
andyfierman 3 years ago
"Learning through debugging is good" Debugging is a less than ideal learning environment because you often have management breathing down your neck to get the product out of the door. And time spent getting it right by design is time and a disproportionately larger amount of money saved on not having to do (at least) as much debugging. Unfortunately most of us live in a world where, to quote [Doug Smith](https://emcesd.com/): "There's never time or money to do it right but there's always time and money to do it again!" I much prefer learning through play. :)
rrose3000 3 years ago
That is true : ) I ran the "Auto Router" on my board, it ran the first time completely and then I decided that I needed to move some components and also to have some wider traces for the power and ground so I changed the dimensions on those traces and ran it again but the "Auto Router" appears to have had trouble this time around. Well anyway this is a snapshot my board layout below (Sorry for all the board text its mainly there for troubleshooting in the field). Any recommendations? Maybe add another layer? Note: Even though some components may appear to overlap themselves they actually do not since they are not mounted on the circuit board themselves and are actually sensors that mount outside the case. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/6sOjPyziqDHXProbS7TgnOsTMh65HhiXHrw7x8ui.png)
rrose3000 3 years ago
Also I need to make some of the traces wider (like you can see near the far lower left corner) the Booster boards negative terminal trace is small and needs to be wider, is there a way to tag or name these traces it so I can change the dimension of this trace in the "Design Rules" window like I did with the power supply and ground wires? Thanks Andy
@rrose3000 Components arrangement and orientations are keys when you perform the routing process, talking about recommendations, I see that you are assembling many modules on that PCB design (the way many makers do) you can reproduce the modules and put just them components in one PCB instead of soldering PCBs together.. (you can use just the ATtiny MCU instead of the digispark module, the same for the booster and the battery charging modules).
rrose3000 3 years ago
True,  but I do not have the equipment to do surface mount soldering so I would end up using larger components and taking up more space I think in the long run. I added labels to some of the wires in my schematic but they did not show up with I tried to do Routing again so I will delete that PCB board I think and then create another PCB board and see if they show up. The whole reason for adding labels is so that I can add Rules for dimensioning some of the power related traces that did not get the thickness dimensions I needed. Well see how that go's?
rrose3000 3 years ago
Well this time Routing got a lot farther then before, after replacing the parts down: Still did not finish but I think I'm close....![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/NraarYFaGDnQ9yylOA5GSzy0a3mMIxDXcxM8LcbZ.png)ti
andyfierman 3 years ago
Your board is simple enough that the autorouter should be able to route it. However it is also simple enough that you could make a much better job of it routing it by hand. You also do not need to go to more that 2 layers for such a simple board. To manage your different rules for different traces you can use the Design Rules tool. See: [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/PCB/Design-Rule-Check/index.html#Design-Rule-Setting](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/PCB/Design-Rule-Check/index.html#Design-Rule-Setting) Alternatively, if you manually route the PCB then you can set the trace widths as you want as you are routing.
rrose3000 3 years ago
According to the video I watched theres suppose to be some CRC errors (under the board directory at the far left ? ) that show up that describe the problems of why the Routing could not finish, but I see none?    Anything else I should do to make them show up?
andyfierman 3 years ago
If you change the schematic such as adding net labels, those changes have to be passed into the PCB using Update PCB... in the Schematic Editor or Import Changes... in the PCB Editor.
rrose3000 3 years ago
Cool got that, now I have been working on DRC errors and have fixed a lot of those but have a lot of problems with "Via Diameter" &  "Via Drill Diameter" that are being flagged as problems but honestly some of those trace pads are right next to other trace pads of the same dimensions that didn't get flagged and that doesn't make any sense to me. I tried changing the diameter of some of these Via's but that didn't fix the error so I'm confused what I need to do to pass the DRC Check at this point? I took some screen Snapshots of DRC errors & Rules snapshot., Any help would be appreciated. 1) DRC error:  Via Diameter for LED1: Why is cathode of the LED a DRC error and the anode is not? I get a "Via Drill Diameter" error on this same pad. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/JfMrcOql1xkEJzU3fhTx15HSvW53DoPQXwUXNVFX.png)
rrose3000 3 years ago
I was able to fix 99% those DRC errors by removing the "Design Rules" I had added and using just the "Default" line dimension, then just changing the trace dimension on the fly when laying any trace on the board (that eliminated 99% of the DRC errors), but I have one last problem and that is s trace refuses to attach to a pad as seen in the snapshot below. No matter what I do (I tried: changing trace size, or re-routing the trace, or change the pad size) the trace refuses to snap to the pad as you can see in this snapshot below. What could cause that? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/d7RE4igSMQkGxIY0b2yoWpa5RQFPzsYpKOE4lHuF.png)
andyfierman 3 years ago
This is most likely due to rounding errors in the mil to mm conversions. Please see the posts about Via diameters in this topic: [https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Adding-vias-through-CopperArea-Properties-menu-has-no-effect-0c32cd9bd9484178b8ac1be5e6186b8a](https://easyeda.com/forum/topic/Adding-vias-through-CopperArea-Properties-menu-has-no-effect-0c32cd9bd9484178b8ac1be5e6186b8a)
rrose3000 3 years ago
Ok I fixed those DRC errors but I have a question: I would like to connect different size traces (copper lines) from my larger Vcc power trace to a smaller traces on components so I can fan out the distribution of power and also have the clearances needed to route traces in a busy part of the board but every time I try to connect a smaller trace to a larger one the system refuses to connect the two. Is this a feature or can I change a rule somewhere to get this to work?
andyfierman 3 years ago
You can change the trace width on the fly using the + and - keys but if the Editor is refusing to connect two traces together that implies that they have different netnames. You cannot connect nets with different names together in the PCB. If you have different net names where they should be the same then that implies that either: 1. you have changed something in the PCB and not in the schematic whereas any changes should have been made on the schematic and then passed into the PCB using the Update PCB or Import changes buttons or; 2. you have changed the connectivity in the schematic, but when you have updated the PCB it has changed the connectivity of the ratlines but has left some tracks in place with the pre-update netnames on them. I have seen this happen and there are bug reports about it but it has not been fixed yet.
rrose3000 3 years ago
Hi Andy, I fixed that issue now and generated the Gerber file.... Took a couple of days to get used to this but I now I feel pretty good at this and I want to thank you for all your help : ) Since this is my first board I was going to order a small number of boards in case I made a mistake, thing is though when I generated the PCB the price showing was $4.00 per board "(see snapshots below)  so I ordered 5 boards (to start) but then when I looked in the cart it said $4.00 per total & also said Special $2.00 off for a total of $2.00 for 5 boards so not sure what there actually charging but if its that low I will order 20 boards I guess? But not sure which amount is correct?   Any clues? is that $2.00 total correct?  (See second snapshot) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/TlaJdNa0ad4OWdfi359VYHqksI6QzOG8BLBrI2Fs.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/jKSgPfh4N5i5xDthEmmojKYsC6KdXQbOIVORu5Mu.png)
rrose3000 3 years ago
Nevermind ....please disregard previous msg
@rrose3000 Hello YES the price for the PCBs is just 2$ for 5 pcs and this is the price for the PCBs Only (delivery fees are not included) you have got a discount and since this is your first order maybe you have some coupons to finish the payment so please check the coupon section and you can charge the "**New Customer Coupon**" while you finish the payment so the price could be even lower.  ^_^ Great to see all this progress, you are almost at the final stage to produce your design :) Good luck and keep up the good work.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice