You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Grid in mm slowly drifts (rounding error from mil?)
436 6
jumpbike 2 years ago
If I set the grid and the snap to 0.05mm, when I hover the mouse over the first few grid points the coordinate match up but once I'm 45mm across the coordinates are now snapping to 45.011.  This is highlighted by the PCB outline point being on 45mm but not matching up to the grid. Origin: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/RS6bHiS2H89m9tHJvdrtDA8FRKq3BEALPYvnUEIC.png) 45mm point: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/nMot6q8dG0WHkc2H0U05QxQ2CvoEsNxyfRhYAURr.png) Is this a known issue?  It is a bit of a nightmare once I start modifying a part of the PCB outline as the new part snaps to the grid. thanks,
Comments
andyfierman 2 years ago
@jumpbike, I can't reproduce this. One question however: Why do you need to use a grid and a snap of 0.05mm? Using such a fine grid makes it hard to manually place things accurately. You may find life a lot easier if you use the coarsest grid and snap that you can and then, if you need to position something precisely, use the element's XY centre co-ordinates or use the Alignment and Distribute Array tools under Format.
jumpbike 2 years ago
@andyfierman I was drawing a 'notch' in my PCB outline around a silk screen shape on a board edge component but as the notch doesn't line up to a coarse grid, the easiest way for me to get the lines around the notch and the straight again was to make the grid fine.  I do this all the time in other software for work but I've never seen a rounding error in the grid before.
andyfierman 2 years ago
@jumpbike, Understood. Have you swapped between mil and mm at some point during the layout? I'm wondering if that might be where the rounding error comes in. EasyEDA does seem to have a problem with rounding errors but not being a programmer, I don't know how such things are dealt with in coding.
MikeDB 2 years ago
I see the same problem constantly.   Before going to PCB fabrication I have to check every component and sometimes give them a little jiggle to get them back on-grid.  I reported this bug years ago but never fixed.
jumpbike 2 years ago
@andyfierman it's strange to see this issue on a PC program where many decimal places should not be an issue at all
andyfierman 2 years ago
You might like to change the Category of this topic to Bug Report.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice