You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Grouping rectangles no longer works
778 6
l3oriss 3 years ago
Hi, In the version 6.3.39 grouping no longer works on rectangles: \- When selecting multiple rectangles\, grouping has no effect \- When selecting rectangles in addition to other objects\, grouping does not include the rectangles\.
Comments
UserSupport 3 years ago
It doesn't support all the time, we will support it in the future.
l3oriss 3 years ago
If it is not supported all the time, how can I reliably use the tool? This used to work all the time. For all the components I have built i the last 3-4 years they grouped fine, but now I can no longer build components because I cannot reliably position them, not to mention flip them to the other side of the board. Selecting a group and then manually selecting rectangles that are supposed to be part of the group and then trying to flip them to the back of the board incorrectly positions the rectangles.
UserSupport 3 years ago
I have checked v4.6 v4.9(2017), v5.8, still didn't support, I belive that you remember wrong . you can group solid region at a footprint.
THX1138 2 years ago
I made some symbols for the silkscreen layer and it would be very useful to be able to group the rectangles and tracks that comprise the symbols and it would also be useful to group the symbols with footprints on the PCB so that if I move the footprint, the symbols move by the same amount. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/PuDokKleWBkXkq8Y2C06cw1qCG1xyu4Q5JtUj6rG.png)
andyfierman 2 years ago
@THX1138, Some suggestions: 1. Does the Group/Ungroup tool not allow you to group all the silkscreen elements of your "symbol" into a single item? 2. You could create the silkscreen elements as Footprints in their own right and place them on the PCB. 3. Why not just include your silkscreen items as part of a custom Footprint for the part with which they are associated?
THX1138 2 years ago
I did try the group/ungroup tool. It made me give the group a name and prefix and then afterwards, didn't even seem to group them (you can still pull them apart). I could make them into footprints but it's easier to just be careful that I don't touch them. Being able to group stuff arbitrarily including groups of footprints like you can in an SVG image editor like Inkscape would just be a useful thing to have. Maybe I should make a new post in the Feature Requests subforum?
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice