You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Hairlines around pads passing dangerously close to flood planes!
485 2
koosjr 6 years ago
**BUG** Concise problem statement: I don't know if this problem is related to the previous Gerber Generator error we had where pads which was not supposed to be connected to flood planes, were connected, causing major short circuits on my boards. As a result I started to scrutinise the work around the pads and found that most of my boards have tiny hairlines around the pads, many of them with an offset and it runs extremely close if not perhaps touching some places on the flood planes. For me, this is a major concern as it can lead to unreliable operation of boards. Steps to reproduce bug: 1.Design the PCB 2.Generate the Gerber with EasyEDA 3.Have it made. Results: Hairlines around pads. Expected results: A perfect clean cut between pads and the floor plane with one tracks connected to pads. ![Example of hailines. See hoe it connects with the pad and the offset circuit is nearly touching the flood plane.][1] [1]: /editor/20180127/5a6c6dc46e1bd.jpg
Comments
andyfierman 6 years ago
* This is not a bug. It is an aspect of normal PCB fabrication and is nothing to worry about. What you can see is the light reflecting off the edges of the apertures in the insulating solder mask coating over the surface of the PCB: ![enter image description here][1] There are tolerances on the alignment of each separate element of the construction of a PCB: the drill holes, copper pads, solder mask and silkscreen. In your photo you can see a small misalignment of the pads around drill holes (the pads are not exactly concentric with the holes: you can see this more clearly on the via). You can also see what appears to be a small misalignment of the solder mask with respect to the copper of the pads and the copper flood. In fact the solder mask is almost exactly concentric with the hole and it is the misalignment of the copper that makes the solder mask appear offset. * You will however notice that although, in some places, the edge of the solder mask is close to the edges of the copper plane, it is always inside the gap between the copper flood and the pads. Therefore the copper is always fully covered. You will also notice that the solder mask does not encroach on to (i.e. cover) the edges of any of the pads (the via is fully covered). If the copper were uncovered anywhere, you would see the characteristic colour of bare copper. [1]: /editor/20180127/5a6c8eb82392e.png
koosjr 6 years ago
Thanks Andy. Interesting read. I will do a little cross checking of this information. That said, why do one not see these edges on PCB's that does not have a copper flood?
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice