You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Highlighting connections in Schematic
1544 9
ProblemSolver 5 years ago
Hi, just a suggestion to reduce errors in EASYeda and make it more user friendly to use. Whenever we produce a PCB, we visualise menatily what components are to be used and how to connect everything together, this should include setting net names in schematic. In my opinion, it would be beneficial to be able to click on a connecting line in schematic and type an "H" to highlight all pin connections connected to that line (just as it does in PCB layout). Setting the NET name within schematic prior to uploading to PCB, ensures that the schematic will always be correct, as it is at the moment the schematic can differ slightly from the PCB. This would more efficiently replace the cumbersome NET Label function. I look forward to other thoughts on these suggestions.
Comments
UserSupport 5 years ago
Hi We will add hotkey H for the schematic at v6.1.... need sometime. thanks
andyfierman 5 years ago
@ProblemSolver, Like all other EDA tools, EasyEDA automatically assigns net names to all nets in a schematic as soon as they are created. Adding netlabels (or adding voltage probes in simulations) just overwrites those auto-assigned netnames with names of your choosing. Ways to connect nets are illustrated here: [https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/joining-nodes-to-make-nets](https://easyeda.com/andyfierman/joining-nodes-to-make-nets) You can already highlight nets in the **Design Manager** in the left hand panel. Click on the **Design Manager** button, Refresh the list of Nets and then click on the net you wish to highlight and it will briefly light up: ![highlighting_nets.gif](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/b2aaBKBw1ZdkKwu9ZyB5ARxipmrUBsrKH6GNqIy1.gif)
@andyfierman Thanks for the feedback, but with respect I believe you are missing my point completely. I always use **Design Manager** to check Nets, however what I am saying is, surely we should be setting-up everything in **Schematic** first including Net Labels on every connecting line, then finally uploading that information to the PCB Editor. This way the flow of information _always_ ensures that the Schematic matches the PCB. As it is at the moment, it is possible to change the **Net Label** in PCB Editor mode, and that can introduce errors (or possible short circuits) that do not exist on the schematic. Removing the ability to change Net Names in PCB Editor mode reduces the ability to create errors. Finally, by adding one additional **Net Name** panel in the right hand side edit panel, would allow every line in the Schematic to be labelled without using the cumbersome Net Label icon. The way it is at the moment in Schematic mode, if **Snap Size** is set to say 5 then there is no room to place multiply Net Labels, my suggestion would also overcome this problem. A data field for this already exists when updating the PCB. I welcome further debate on this issue?
dillon 5 years ago
@ProblemSolver \>Removing the ability to change Net Names in PCB Editor mode reduces the ability to create errors\.  There are lots of EasyEDA users create PCB without schematic, just set the net in PCB. Maybe it is hard to remove. Do you mean, you should like to set the netname for a wire in attribute, it is invisible? not the same as netlabel?
@dillon Hello Dillon, Maybe if NETname IS SET in Schematic Editor (NOT blank field), then it cannot be reset in PCB Editor mode, otherwise if NOT SET (blank field) in Schematic, then it CAN BE SET in PCB Editor, but not both places? Answer to the above question is YES, set the Net Name under attributes in Schematic Editor? What do you think? Also on another matter, I sent a request to Support@EASYeda advising that the PCB Editor has a problem with the LAYERS dropbox not working, I have not yet heard back from anyone, can you look into this matter for me please? Today, I have managed to go to **LAYER settings** and turn on/off the various layers manually, but the usual method is to click on dropbox. Just before the LAYERS dropbox stopped working, the whole dropbox turned on/off rapidly and would not respond to my input, this is a software issue.
UserSupport 5 years ago
@ProblemSolver Hi please resize the layers tool [https://docs.easyeda.com/en/PCB/Layers-Tool/index.html](https://docs.easyeda.com/en/PCB/Layers-Tool/index.html) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/3NyOpj5K1qTGi1bOEjVA8lm7Pl0adAyicjz7HEOa.png)
@UserSupport Thank you the problem is now fixed. Excellent feedback, very much appreciated.
andyfierman 5 years ago
@ProblemSolver, "As it is at the moment, it is possible to change the **Net Label** in PCB Editor mode, and that can introduce errors (or possible short circuits) that do not exist on the schematic" It is possible to change the net name in the PCB Editor but there are occasions where this may be required and is a deliberate action by the designer. The EasyEDA Design Flow encourages the user to design everything that is to be on or form an integral part of the PCB, including the net names, in the schematic before it is converted to a PCB. And any changes that affect footprints, logos, holes, net connectivity and names must be made in the schematic and passed into the PCB using the Update PCB or Import Changes features. Following the Design Flow, there's no need to change the net names directly in the PCB except under certain specific circumstances such as temporarily renaming a section of nets to help construct Kelvin connections within a copper area. Accidentally changing a net name in the PCB can easily be detectef and corrected using the Update PCB or Import Changes tool s.
@andyfierman Thanks for your reply, what you say is quite correct as it currently stands. All that I am saying, is that I believe there may be an improved method of reducing PCB errors, and that is what I was trying to get across.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice