You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
Hole size error
5365 17
donfrench 7 years ago
I am trying to use the AutoRouter and I get the following error message: "Hole size cannot be less than DRC setting value." Of course it doesn't tell me what hole it is complaining about or what size it is or what the minimum size is. I have 8 holes on my board, one 4.5 mm and seven 2.0 mm. None of them seem small to me. And anyway, when I go to DRC Settings, there are only two settings that mention holes - one is Hole to Hole (2.54 mm) and the other is Via hole size (0.305mm). Neither DRC rule seems to apply. What is this message complaining about and how do I fix it?
Comments
dillon 7 years ago
EasyEDA will use the hole size in DRC for the via size in auto router.
donfrench 7 years ago
Please read carefully! When I try to run the Autorouter it give me an error that says "Hole size cannot be less than DRC setting". The only DRC setting that mentions hole size is Via ole size. All the holes on my board are LARGER than the via size in the DRC (0.3 mm). No holes on my board are "less than" via hole size. So what do I do?
dillon 7 years ago
Because your auto router setting is not match your DRC setting. I do read it 2X, I think you have set the DRC setting. So, for your problem, you just need to set the https://easyeda.com/Doc/Tutorial/PCB.htm#Real-Time-DRC , ![enter image description here][1] ![enter image description here][2] [1]: /editor/20161021/5809a6712fe1a.png [2]: /editor/20161021/5809a68124c09.png
andyfierman 7 years ago
@Donfrench, We can't see your Project so please excuse if this is not the case but does the PCB Design Manager indicate the violation under the `DRC errors` tab? ![enter image description here][1] If it does then when you click on the listed items the Editor view will pan to where the error is located. [1]: /editor/20161021/5809d089158e2.png
donfrench 7 years ago
@dillon The message says that my board holes are SMALLER than the via size, which is NOT TRUE! In fact, when I tried your incomprehensible suggestion of making via hole size larger than any of my holes, that is greater than 4.5mm, I got DRC errors on every hole, as you would expect. And anyway I don't want my vias to be 5mm in diameter.
donfrench 7 years ago
@andyfierman No, there are no DRC errors UNTIL I do what Dillon suggests, which is both illogical and crazy in my opinion. THEN I get DRC errors, as would be expected.
donfrench 7 years ago
The DRC list is empty with no change to the default via hole size of .3mm ![][1] The DRC list after making Dillon's suggested change - making DRC setting for via hole size 5 mm. ![][2] [1]: /editor/20161022/580a5a81d8b22.png [2]: /editor/20161022/580a5bad8cca3.png
donfrench 7 years ago
So obviously, I cannot make the DRC setting for via hole size larger than my board holes. That is precisely what the error message is telling me is the problem now. But as you can see, it is NOT the problem. The via hole size must be SMALLER than any hole on the board. That is what the error is telling me and that makes sense. But there is something causing the autorouter to believe that I have holes smaller than the via size when I DO NOT. Is this clear yet?
donfrench 7 years ago
Here is another screen grab showing the properties for largest hole on my board. You can see the other seven holes, six on the right side and one labeled 3.3V. They are all 2.5mm in diameter. And no DRC errors if the via size is left alone. ![][1] [1]: /editor/20161022/580a5e473cc20.png
donfrench 7 years ago
So here are two more screen grabs, one showing my DRC settings - the default values (in mm). and the other showing the error message. ![][1] ![][2] [1]: /editor/20161022/580a603093143.png [2]: /editor/20161022/580a603f515ba.png
donfrench 7 years ago
Oh, and I tried running the autorouter with the Real time DRC checked and with it not checked. The screen grab is after I tried unchecking it just to see if that made a difference. (It didn't.) I am not sure what the setting means though.
donfrench 7 years ago
Okay, here's a clue. I deleted every hole on my board and I still got the same error.
donfrench 7 years ago
There are two settings under Via in the Auto Router dialog that might be related. I cannot find any documentation on what they mean or should be set to but I am guessing that the first one (Diameter) means the diameter of the circle of copper surrounding the actual hole. The second one "Hole(D)" must mean the drill diameter of the hole. They appear to be set reasonably to 0.61 for the first and 0.3 for the second. Maybe the bug (and it almost certainly is a bug) has to do with the fact that the DRC via hole size is 0.301 and the auto router hole size setting is set to 0.300, all by default. I will experiment changing the auto router setting to 0.299 and see what happens. Nope. So how about changing it to .302? YES! That was the problem. The default settings for the DRC and the auto router are incompatible!
donfrench 7 years ago
I have to say that someone really needs to work on the error messages. If the error was complaining about the difference between the Via DRC setting and the Autorouter Via Hole diameter, it should have said so. This is ridiculous to spend so much time and energy trying to find a problem that I could have solved in 2 minutes with a proper error message. Someone also really needs to work on the documentation too. It is pretty pathetic. I am impressed by all the time and effort that went into creating this but skimping on documentation is a fatal sin. I know it is free and I am grateful for that and for the most part, it works pretty well. But the user interface is not intuitive and sometimes terribly hard to figure out and work around deficiencies.
andyfierman 7 years ago
Can you share a copy of this project privately with Support (or me @easyeda.com)?
donfrench 7 years ago
@andyfierman I just shared it with Dillon.
donfrench 7 years ago
So this is off topic but I have a new problem. I want to finally order some of these boards but have run into yet another roadblock. I first save the PCB and then click the Fabrication Output button. It brings me to the order page and after viewing the Gerbers with the Gerber Viewer, I click Save to Cart. That brings me to the cart page but there is an error message saying "The PCB is changed, refresh the gerber please." What the hell does that mean? Changed from WHEN? And how do I refresh the gerber? I don't see a Refresh Gerber link or button anywhere And why do I get that message in the first place? SO FRUSTRATING!
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice