You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How can I draw a complex PCB board outline precisely?
1499 3
kesztio 3 years ago
Complex board outlines consist of a succession of segments and arcs. To make the CNC cutting machines happy these segments/arcs should join perfectly. That is, the outline elements’ starting and ending nodes should be perfectly identical to the preceding/succeding outline elements’ ending/starting nodes. For segments this is not a problem at all as segments are anyway defined by their endpoints. As opposite to arcs where the arc is always defined by its starting and ending **angles** instead of the precise coordinates of the endpoints. This makes a perfect joining of an arc to a segment impossible in all but just a few cases, see _irrational numbers_. I consider this issue a serious design flaw in the otherwise excellent EasyEDA. Note that the above is not true for e.g. solid regions where joining segments/arcs are strictly defined by there endpoints! I wished there was a way for at least converting a solid region to board outline (which I actually need in my project) but unfortunately it’s not the case. So, does anybody have a workaround suggeston for this problem? Importing DXF from Corel, AI etc. is a serious tradeoff (curves and arcs are generally badly preserved in exported DXFs) so I’d avoid this ‘solution’ if possible.
Comments
andyfierman 3 years ago
You can switch arcs to be defined by start and end points and a radius: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/62HL36Iw0bRZzVKSr3uDjoFnwPq5Ae9wxBVkj7HQ.png) You can import DXF files: ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/meBSUHveeYhAdbiJ5QthTxjhAxNEDUQfX5TLcVIe.png) Both of these features are described in the Tutorial.
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
I'd support this. Currently, tracks / outlines can either be just an arc or just a path made of straight connected points, but they cannot be joined to be the same object. It would be great if tracks / outlines could share the same SVG path syntax that solid regions and SVG nodes use, including curves and arcs as part of the same path.
andreasbernhofer 3 years ago
@kesztio I quickly wrote a script for you that will create an outline from a selected solid region. Just click on a solid region, then go to Advanced, Extensions, Run Script and run this: ``` js points = api('getShape',{id: api('getSelectedIds')}).pointArr.map((p)=>{return p.x == null ? { x:p[0] , y:p[1]} : p }); // points of selected shape if( points[points.length-1].x != points[0].x || points[points.length-1].y != points[0].y) points.push(points[0]); // close path api('createShape',{ shapeType:'TRACK', "jsonCache": { gId: "gge"+Math.floor(Math.random() * 9e6), layerid: "10", pointArr: points } }); ``` The result won't be perfect though. Curves will be devided into small linear segments. ![2021-01-05 15_26_29-EasyEDA(Standard) - A Simple and Powerful Electronic Circuit Design Tool.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/qUbw6UWk5xJIlVI7pPpLVTsrS9WTIjv55FHvtPj2.png)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice