You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How to avoid duplication in PCB layout
1513 7
Ahiad 5 years ago
Hi, I have a PMT (a component) that has 16 output channels. all channels has the same circuit for filtering the signal - which means the same circuit is duplicated 16 times. is there a method i can create the layout for only 1 channel and duplicate it to all other channels instead of manually locate each component? i defined one channel's schematic as a module but i couldn't figure out how to create its own PBC - i am not sure it is even possible to do it that way. thanks, Ahiad
Comments
andyfierman 5 years ago
I've not used modules but I think this will work... * Try it with just 2 channels first or even just create a simple dummy project with a simple module and some interconnecting resistors to try it out. Create the schematic for one channel; OR: If you have already created a Schematic Module for the channel, place one instance of that module into a Schematic sheet; Save it as a Schematic. Convert that to a PCB. Save the Schematic as a Schematic Module. Lay out the PCB. Save that PCB as a PCB Module. Add the rest of the circuitry needed to complete the schematic **except** for the remaining channels. Save this schematic. Convert it to a PCB. Place the PCB modules for the remaining channels to the PCB. Don't forget to enlarge the PCB outline to accommodate the extra channels. Save the PCB. Add the schematic modules for the remaining channels to the schematic. Do not change any of the component prefixes. Connect up the remaining channels. Save the schematic. Click on **Update the PCB...** in the Schematic Editor or **Import Changes...** In the PCB Editor. Route the connecting tracks in the he PCB Editor. Save the PCB.
Ahiad 5 years ago
Hi Andy, thanks! your solution works great! the only issue i got left to handle is the annotation of multi opamps component when duplicating a module. Ahiad
andyfierman 5 years ago
@Ahiad, Thanks for letting me know. :)
rom1nux 5 years ago
Hello @Ahiad and @Andyfierman, I am in the same case with five preamp channels, I want to know if schematic and PCB module in sheet are like "instance" or "pointer" to the module ? In other words, if I put 5 modules on my schematic and PCB sheet, and after, I realize i made a mistake in the module, can I just correct the module and update schematic and PCB sheet ? Or do I need to replace my 5 modules manually on both sheets ? Thanks in advance
andyfierman 5 years ago
@rom1nux, EasyEDA does not support hierarchical schematics so each module in a schematic or PCB is simply an instance. Unfortunately this means you will have to correct or replace each instance of the modules in the schematic. Then do update PCB and move and/or reroute the affected tracks and packages in the PCB.
rom1nux 5 years ago
@andyfierman, Many thanks for your quick reply. Have nice day rom1nux
elvisfox 4 years ago
Hi guys, I have created a Python script that allows to create a kind-of-multi-channel design in EasyEDA. [https://github.com/elvisfox/easyeda_multichannel/tree/master](https://github.com/elvisfox/easyeda_multichannel/tree/master) There are still things to be improved, but it already works. Below there is an example. PCB is matched with the schematic as long as the sources where matched. Please check the README at github for a short how-to-use instruction. ![Screenshot 2020-04-26 at 01.49.56.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/XvJIYw9JgDm5xTgA5hHMhcPGqwNQ0CfWcAppYyao.png)
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,使用建立访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice