You need to use EasyEDA editor to create some projects before publishing
How to incorporate a smaller pcb in cutout of another pcb?
559 9
brad1379 1 year ago
Hi I am trying to create a board similar to the one below, and I cannot figure out how to add the PCB for the nano inside a cut out of the outer PCB. Adding the cutout then placing the separate board inside gives me errors. ![backpcb.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/dyRu6a7jM86ppXbTksjhVb9E6M35ex1UcAxxpeUN.png)
Comments
andyfierman 1 year ago
Try this? Cut out the area then place the board inside it then delete the board outline for the inserted board.
brad1379 1 year ago
I tried and it didn't work... This is what I have for my layout and what is generated for the 3D render. It just eliminates the whole middle section completely. ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/Fl8M8wLUlsPH4B0hvNHvbmIoAVyLHPvfpfT2thfi.png)![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/1tz6T627L9J07tPp2qKnKwwUJOaE74ROnxLQeg3i.png)
andyfierman 1 year ago
The board outline for inserted board is still there and is a complete rectangle so that tells EasyEDA to cut out the whole area not just the incomplete slot that you require. Assuming that you want to make a board as shown in your top photo: Delete the board outline of the inserted board then add in a slot of the desired width and shape by drawing a track on the top or bottom layer then using right click convert to Solid Region set to CutOut. Do not close the track. Leave a gap into which you manually place the stamp holes.
brad1379 1 year ago
@andyfierman. I think I got it to work. Is this the correct way to add the cut line yourself? ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/avTuvVMwHED11BOommD7efyie9bXh9EUMRoyiO6c.png) ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/GXyRrD1iY0errohTR97IrWSnxKc4z9A9LcgttHe9.png)
andyfierman 1 year ago
"Is this the correct way to add the cut line yourself?" I can't say for sure because I don't know exactly how you created it in your PCB. It looks ok in your screenshots but you need to check the Gerbers using gerbv. There are a few ways to do what you want to achieve but the technique I  described should work fine.
brad1379 1 year ago
So when I generate gerber file it looks like this in EasyEDA ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/VdIvOxFeYuLO3UbaLhIbPmjQNrX6CwePqKf2KjKq.png) but when I open gerberview in JLCPCB it looks like this... :( ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/AurNIWSjrDuy1UmEgbBQrLeTOEZsOLBo6PUDqi1p.png)
brad1379 1 year ago
Nevermind, I figured out what I was doing wrong. Thanks for your help @andyfierman! ![image.png](//image.easyeda.com/pullimage/ysoSnPORvkGVIJglzqGxGsuAuUmvIPUBJrvU9jrQ.png)
andyfierman 1 year ago
Check your Gerbers in gerbv (as described in the Tutorial) not just the JLCPCB viewer. :)
thanos2405 2 months ago
@brad1379 So what did you do exactly do get to this. Searched everywhere online and i am actually building the same project and cant figure out how to make the cutout.
Login or Register to add a comment
goToTop
你现在访问的是EasyEDA海外版,建议访问速度更快的国内版 https://lceda.cn(需要重新注册)
如果需要转移工程请在个人中心 - 工程 - 工程高级设置 - 下载工程,下载后在https://lceda.cn/editor 打开保存即可。
有问题联系QQ 3001956291 不再提醒
svg-battery svg-battery-wifi svg-books svg-more svg-paste svg-pencil svg-plant svg-ruler svg-share svg-user svg-logo-cn svg-double-arrow -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus- -mockplus-@1x -mockplus-

Cookie Notice

Our website uses essential cookies to help us ensure that it is working as expected, and uses optional analytics cookies to offer you a better browsing experience. To find out more, read our Cookie Notice